Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Crashing Constantly.... | Forums

Hi there...

hen is the first patch coming up?
    The day I got the game, my computer crashed twice. The screen got black, I saw some words in white on a blue background and it just rebooted itself - happen quickcly.

Also, yesterdy, it crashed one more time and it frozen twice. I had to take the plug from the outlet because the computer wouldn't reboot or turn off... Fortunatly, I didn't get eletrecuted or something.

So.. my computer says that it is a "serious problem". And it only happens with this game. I got a Celeron2 2.0Ghz 512RAM... in other words: the problem is not my computer.

So I hope there is a patch soon. I don't want my brand new comoputer to get broken.

PS: When i returned to the places where the bugs happened, they didn't repeat. So I really don't know what's going on...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi there...

hen is the first patch coming up?
    The day I got the game, my computer crashed twice. The screen got black, I saw some words in white on a blue background and it just rebooted itself - happen quickcly.

Also, yesterdy, it crashed one more time and it frozen twice. I had to take the plug from the outlet because the computer wouldn't reboot or turn off... Fortunatly, I didn't get eletrecuted or something.

So.. my computer says that it is a "serious problem". And it only happens with this game. I got a Celeron2 2.0Ghz 512RAM... in other words: the problem is not my computer.

So I hope there is a patch soon. I don't want my brand new comoputer to get broken.

PS: When i returned to the places where the bugs happened, they didn't repeat. So I really don't know what's going on...

If you will post all your computer specs, someone may be better able to assist you. There's a number of reasons you may be having problems that doesn't have anything to do with your processor.

Pa'lua (in Cavern)
    Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)
    "I'm confused.......no wait, maybe I'm not"

Check for updates, the paches already exist.
    ---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.

I can barely get started in the game. I get to the same set of steps in the cleft and the game just disappears back to my desktop. I am stuck everytime starting out in the middle of the desert again. It is so frustrating. I have done the update thing everytime I start hoping that a patch will fix it. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Wren4

what's your hardware?
    ---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.

Always, always, always try this first:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;310353 , then try playing the game. If you still get the same results, THEN look at hardware issues.
    Oh yeah, FULL system specs would be nice too.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    KI: 451252

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simplicidade:
    I got a Celeron2 2.0Ghz 512RAM... in other words: the problem is not my computer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not necessarily that case. For all you know, you could have a bad processor or bad RAM. Faster hardware does not mean it's error-proof.

In any case, it probably isn't your hardware

You should first make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and sound card (and anything else too.. newer drivers are usually better) You should make sure you have the correct version of DirectX as well. Uru needs DX 9 which is included on the CD.

It would also help if you could tell us what you were doing right before the game crashed. That is very helpful in tracking down bugs.

-Andy

Ok... I will try the patch (as soon as I get internet going in my computer... )...

All my comp specs? Doesn't really matter in my case. They are pretty good. The only problem that could be is with hardware. But this information I don't know how to get anyways....

What I was doing before it happened? I would usually look around or try to go to a strange place that most people wouldn't try to...

What is most important is what version of Windows you are running. If you are running Windows ME, the kernel is inherently unstable and quite frequently blue-screens.

Let us know your complete specs so we can better assist you.

"There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line".
    --Oscar Levant

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast