Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cannot start IL2 in Windows7 | Forums

I have not been on the forum for a while (basically had so many PC problems I gave up playing the game). Read this thread with interest, having just bought A PC with win7 64bit. I can't even install the game! It gets as far as asking you for language preference, OK this and that's it, tried the usual compatability/administrator things but no luck. Oddly, I used to have it running on an old PC with XP and no SP's, think I am right in saying the compatabilty options on win7 only list XP+SP1 and XP+SP2..no barebones XP. Hope someone can help I am itching to fly!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You cannot install with the setup.exe, you must right-click on the dvd drive, select Explore, then double-click on A.exe. No need for compatibility mode with Il2.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Well, I can neither start IL-2 sturomvik 1946 in win7. The installation went just fine.

When I click on the pretty shortcut icon,it says:

"The drivers require installation (with an administrator account). Do you want to proceed now?"
    If no: "Insufficent privileges: you must be an administrator when you run this for the first time". The account i'm using, BTW, is and administrator. Anyway, the game doesn't start.

So, here we try again, but says "yes" to the first question. It says "unable to proceed (error 1275)" I click OK, and then it says the same privilegs stuff from before.

(BTW- I read earlier in this thread that someone downloaded some patch and it solved it, so I did that too. No change)

Thank you very much,
    Clendor.

"The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

I can't see where to download it from in their website... Or isn't it free? If they are not free, where can I get a free solution? I've already paid 10$ on the game...

Wow, their website sucks, found them though: http://www.tagesprotection.com...?page=activation.htm

On DX9 install;

Put in the 1946 DVD, browse to folder DirectX9c

right-click dxsetup.exe and run as administrator.

If that still does not work, try to install again.

make a folder c:/games/ or something. Keep the name simple. Anything not under any kind of /Program Files/ or /Documents and Settings/ should do.

Run a.exe from the 1946 DVD - not anything else that looks like an installer. Do not use any compatibility mode or admin mess, just run a.exe install to the folder you created.
    Install has finished once you complete filling in the settings when il2setup.exe is run.

Fastest way to check is to run a track.

Alternatively install on another system and copy /IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/ with everything in it to your system (under c:/Games/) run il2setup to configure all the different hardware.
    Make a shortcut to il2fb.exe to run the game.
    If you have a 64 bit OS you might need to upgrade SecuROM to the 64 bit version. See the sticky by snake at the top of this forum.
    Don't forget to direct the patches to the new folder location.

Hi !

I´just change my OP system (XP Home edition SP3 32-bit) to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I have installet the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 pached to v 4.11.1m to a extern HDD, also not on the same as the OP.

My monitor is a widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 default. I have change the resulotion in the conf file in IL-2 1946.

[window]
    width=1920
    height=1080
    ColourBits=32
    DepthBits=24
    StencilBits=8
    ChangeScreenRes=1
    FullScreen=1
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    EnableResize=0
    EnableClose=1
    SaveAspect=1
    Use3Renders=0

But the game won´t start. I see the intro picture for 1sec. and then stop loading.

I´m trying to run the game as administrator but to no avile

Best Regard
    DennyBoy40
    Last edited by DennyBoy40; 06-11-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Try and change some of the values to these:

ChangeScreenRes=0
    EnableResize=1
    EnableClose=0
    SaveAspect=0

Lagging while playing IL 2 Sturmovik 1946

I have been playing IL2 for about a week ago
    it took such a long time to load.
    I tried changing the quality to the lowest , that didn't work either
    pls help me
    is there anyway to make the game runs smoothly ?

My computer System :
    Intel (R) Celeron (R) M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
    RAM : 512 MB (503 MB usable)
    Windows home premium 32-bit system
    Thank you for you time

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast