Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot start IL2 in Windows7 | Forums

Did you read my private message? Apply that fix and try il2 in OpenGL.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I´m having the same problems. I managed to install a IL-1946 with the "a.exe" file, nevertheless the game won´t start.
    What is this "fix" that some people is talking about?

I am having the same problem. I can install fine in Windows 7 64 bit, but the game won't start.

Anyone find a solution?

I just installed IL-2 on Windows 7 Ultimate

The game starts and runs fine however it stays in a 1600 x 1200 screen resolution and even if I change it in the config file, it does not change in the game. It is weird and fustrating.. anyone have any other ideas.
    56th Angel Dust
    www.56gamers.com

Originally posted by AngelDust5607:

The game starts and runs fine however it stays in a 1600 x 1200 screen resolution and even if I change it in the config file, it does not change in the game. It is weird and fustrating.. anyone have any other ideas.
    Move the game folder to a location outside of program files (I use C:\Games), Win7 write protects .ini files in the program files folder.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AngelDust5607:

Move the game folder to a location outside of program files (I use C:\Games), Win7 write protects .ini files in the program files folder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or drag the Conf.ini file to desktop, change it there and place it back so it replces the old one.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition, Foxconn nForce 590 SLI, 4x OCZ 2048MB EPP DDR2-800, 2x Club3D GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Be-Quiet 700 Watt Straight Power, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I had the exact same problem as Farran1966. Did the same him and loaded 4.07 then 4.08 - nothing, when I added the AAA UI everything kicked in! Now that is weird.

Check this site, it may solve your problem. Download of missing d3d8.dll, free download.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?d3d8

I just installed Win7 Pro 64 bit and tried to run IL-2 without success. (IL-2 4.09m is installed on a separate partition e:\ and runs on WinXP SP3 without any problems. I already installed the latest Nvidea driver and DirectX on Win7.)

IL-2 shuts down after the CD check before loading the start screen. I tried starting in XP compatibility and admin mode with the same result.

I tried on the system partition c:\ in the folder for 32 bit programs and in a sepreate folder with the same result.

solutions in this thread regarding dll etc didn't help either.

Thanx for your help in advance!

Check PM's.

For future reference to anyone else who may read this thread, the .dll issue is a red herring, the game is meant to run in openGL and there are no .dll issues there, only in directx. If you insist on running directx and are getting these errors just download the latest DirectX 9c redistributable package from Microsoft, install that, it will live right alongside dx10 or 11 with no issues and will include all the missing directx components.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast