Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot start IL2 in Windows7 | Forums

People I am at my wits end.

I have set up a new machine ruuning the 64 bit Win7rc software 64bit and I cannot get il2 to start.

I have installed the game using the a.exe file and selected administrator settings, I have used the compatibility for WinXPsp2, but when I click on the shortcut I see the il2 process in windows task manager for a few seconds and then it dissapears and the app wont run.

I have read a few posts on the subject and have tried what I think is being suggested but to no avail.

Anty help greatly received.

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Set your refresh rate in the IL2 1946 conf ini file to the same as your desktop.

Mines a 22" wide screen and the settings are as below.

[window]
    width=1680
    height=1050
    ColourBits=32
    DepthBits=24
    StencilBits=8
    ChangeScreenRes=1
    FullScreen=1
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    EnableResize=0
    EnableClose=1
    SaveAspect=0
    Use3Renders=0

Do not use compatibilety mode for the game, it should run fine with out it.

Got it running on XP 32 bit, Win 7 32 bit, Vista 32 bit, Vista 64 bit and Win 7 64 bit.

Depending on where you live it might be that the SecuRom antipiracy software on the disk is giving you a problem, especaily on a 64 bit OS it seems to prevent the game from running (there is a fix if thats the case but someone from UBI or an Moderator should be able to help you with that)

@ Alpha: you dont set the Refresh rate there, only the Resolution and Bit/Color Depth.

You only would need to change that if your using a copied Conf.ini file, on a fresh install it shouldnt be a problem, especaily if you run IL2-Setup first.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition, Foxconn nForce 590 SLI, 4x OCZ 2048MB EPP DDR2-800, 2x Club3D GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Be-Quiet 700 Watt Straight Power, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yes I meant resolution.

I had the problem with Win 7 trying to launch before adjusting the resolution in the conf ini on a fresh install that's why I mentioned it,

Agreed that compatibility mode shouldn't be needed either.

Thanks Alpha and Camp,

But still no go here, I have reinstalled using the a.exe with admin rights, I have now left the compatability option off, but same thing I see il2fb start in windows task manager tehn dissapear after a few seconds. I can open the settings part of the program, but that's it.

Where am I going wrong?

Is your IL2 installed in the Program files?

I've read that Vista and above likes the games, and apps installed anywhere else other than the normal stock location.

Drag your Il2 folder to a new location some where. Just make sure it is out of Windows normal folder structure, and give it a go.

Then create a new short cut to your desktop from there.

It's only a guess, and it cost nothing to try.
    I'm still XP pro 32bit

And that's how I got it to work on a friends Vist PC.

Some good advice there.

If you have the game running on another system and own a 8GB USB key you can spare, copy /IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/ folder to it (use FAT32 file system to avoid ACL problems and increase compatibility). You should be able to plug that key into any system (XP, Vista, 7, Linux, 32 or 64 bit) and run IL-2 directly as long as that system can handle FAT32, DirectX and OpenGL and you use the US retail version of IL-2 1946 as the source.

Chaps
    I am having the exact same problem as Farran1966 so watching this thread with avid interest. Any help would be great.
    Gos

My System is:

Intel Core i7
    Gigabyte MB
    6GB Ram
    nVidia Geforce GTX 275 driver 185.45
    750GB
    850W Pwr

Win7(x64)

I have:

1. Loaded IL2 from a.exe off the DVD
    2. Loaded into a different foldername (C:\Older Programs\Ubisoft\..etc
    3. Set IL2 to "Run as Administrator"
    4. Set Compatability to WindowsXP(SP3)
    5. Modified the resolution to 1280x1024 which is what my screen is set to.
    6. I backed down the Video Driver from 190.38 which is the latest.

These were all advice from various forums.

Help please...

I am also having trouble running IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles. it installed for me in the program files tree. However, when trying to run it gives an error msg stating please insert disc 2 click ok and restart the application. Disc 2 is inserted and it does not seem to recognize it even if I eject it and place it in my second DVD drive. I tried installing to C:\Games.... and this did not work either. It did not ask for the second disc using this method.Hope this is not considered a thread hijack as my issue may be differen but we bot can not run the game. I tried numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5 from gosling616's post and still no luck.

My System

Intel E8500
    Striker II Extreme MB
    4GB OCZ RAM
    EVGA GTX 280
    ITB WD Caviar Black HD
    850W

Originally posted by crucian4:
    I am also having trouble running IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles. it installed for me in the program files tree. However, when trying to run it gives an error msg stating please insert disc 2 click ok and restart the application. Disc 2 is inserted and it does not seem to recognize it even if I eject it and place it in my second DVD drive. I tried installing to C:\Games.... and this did not work either. It did not ask for the second disc using this method.Hope this is not considered a thread hijack as my issue may be differen but we bot can not run the game. I tried numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5 from gosling616's post and still no luck.

My System

Intel E8500
    Striker II Extreme MB
    4GB OCZ RAM
    EVGA GTX 280
    ITB WD Caviar Black HD
    850W
    Think you might want to start your own thread since i dont think your problem is related to the problem these guys got with Win 7...
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition, Foxconn nForce 590 SLI, 4x OCZ 2048MB EPP DDR2-800, 2x Club3D GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Be-Quiet 700 Watt Straight Power, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast