Thread: MS Freestyle + FFB and life is changing | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I'd like to share this experience with other players.
    After I've read some old post about using 2 game controllers in tech forum, I tried to do it yesterday by adding a second game controller in conjunction with my FFB Sidewinder.
    I used an old MS Freestyle USB...really, it changes life !
    It's quite simple to configure. Even if Freestyle gets ID1 and FFB gets ID2 by Windows XP, you can assign commands directly through commands panel in the game.
    For some buttons it's a little harder (it was for me...) and you have to hardcode it by editing settings.ini and assign the keys.
    The most difficult for me was to keep snapviews and panviews to the FFB's hatswitch because the game gives a strange number to that function.
    It's something like Pov45 JoystickPov4=Snap_1_0 . Why number 4 for the hatswitch of FFB wich gets ID1. I don't know...

Anyway, now it works perfectly and I get a kind of hotas...just for free
    ...and keeping the force feedback without wich the game is not the same.

For example, I assigned trim to Freestyle's wheel (AXE_U JoystickDevice0=-trimelevator).
    Only with this, you gain much more precise control on the plane, you gain or loose more/less energy because time for reaction is shorter than if you have to find buttons on the keyboard.

Really, I appreciate much more the changes introduced by the patch.
    I was a little bit disappointed with + (gains for some planes, FW190, Hurri, P40, AAA, front fight...)
    but also - (109's, crashes smokes, FPS)

BUT NOW IT'S GREAT...DON'T HESITATE TO TRY IT IF YOU HAVE AN OLD UNUSED GAME CONTROLLER...

By the way, I'm sorry for my poor english. I'm Belgian, french speaking...and I live in Liège,
    a town just on the north border of the new map. We've all seen it, with Bastogne.
    So you can understand how I'am impatient to play this campaign...

Hurry, Oleg, Hurry...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I'd like to share this experience with other players.
    After I've read some old post about using 2 game controllers in tech forum, I tried to do it yesterday by adding a second game controller in conjunction with my FFB Sidewinder.
    I used an old MS Freestyle USB...really, it changes life !
    It's quite simple to configure. Even if Freestyle gets ID1 and FFB gets ID2 by Windows XP, you can assign commands directly through commands panel in the game.
    For some buttons it's a little harder (it was for me...) and you have to hardcode it by editing settings.ini and assign the keys.
    The most difficult for me was to keep snapviews and panviews to the FFB's hatswitch because the game gives a strange number to that function.
    It's something like Pov45 JoystickPov4=Snap_1_0 . Why number 4 for the hatswitch of FFB wich gets ID1. I don't know...

Anyway, now it works perfectly and I get a kind of hotas...just for free
    ...and keeping the force feedback without wich the game is not the same.

For example, I assigned trim to Freestyle's wheel (AXE_U JoystickDevice0=-trimelevator).
    Only with this, you gain much more precise control on the plane, you gain or loose more/less energy because time for reaction is shorter than if you have to find buttons on the keyboard.

Really, I appreciate much more the changes introduced by the patch.
    I was a little bit disappointed with + (gains for some planes, FW190, Hurri, P40, AAA, front fight...)
    but also - (109's, crashes smokes, FPS)

BUT NOW IT'S GREAT...DON'T HESITATE TO TRY IT IF YOU HAVE AN OLD UNUSED GAME CONTROLLER...

By the way, I'm sorry for my poor english. I'm Belgian, french speaking...and I live in Liège,
    a town just on the north border of the new map. We've all seen it, with Bastogne.
    So you can understand how I'am impatient to play this campaign...

Hurry, Oleg, Hurry...

XyZspineZyX
    X45/MSFFB?CH combo works great to...

<CENTER> <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
    <Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
    liege1,

Thanks for the post. You have got me convinced to at least try it. And your English is really good, by the way.

Thanks again,

Serpent

XyZspineZyX
    Hey Liege1 , can you help me out ? Please read my post on Multiple Cotroller Problems . I can't seem to get my HOTAS to work .

<center></center>