Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of the Old Gang still here from 10 years ago ? | Forums

An old mate here too....since 2002

Almost since the beginning and of course, on 1946 copy on my hard disc. Could´t be any other way.
    Not much posting, but a lot of lurking around...
    Nice to see so much familiar names here.

"Vista, suerte y al toro"
    García Morato, Spanish Civil War Pilot
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

A mere upstart of 6 years, but thanks to all the "Old hands" here that helped get me started. Special thanks to T_O_A_D

still on'46 and CloD and a new HOTAS in the mail.

I'm still floating around. I play the game once a week or so, but not online anymore. No time for that sort of thing.

It's still a magnificent sim, particularly with the, um, enhancements.

Ratsack

holy cow awesome thread.

I used to be major-setback, now I just can't remember anything anymore. All I know is I got a knot in the pit of my stomach when I saw Crazy Ivan's name...strange :-)
    I still play a little game with lots of planes once in a while. I think it's called Too ill, or something like that.
    major_setback/restranger

[COLOR:BLACK]Click on the sign

I may have posted in this thread, but i'm going it through it again.

"Those who long for exaltation look upwards, but I look downwards for I am the exalted."
    Thus Spake Zarathustra.

I still play a little game with lots of planes once in a while. I think it's called Too ill, or something like that.

ROFL!

A noob compared to this lot, but been around long enough to recognise some of the names, if only by reputation. Sadly, the forum seems to be on its last legs, but the game lives on - and is better now than it has ever been, especially since TD got their hands on the AI, and turned the robo-fools into the evil geniuses they are now. I've just downloaded the new 4.11.1 patch, and they have added one more cunning plan, to counter the effects of the 'AI not seeing you sneaking up from behind' code they added earlier: "Changed AI so that last plane in formation performs maneuvers for checking blind spots". Maybe I should drop Rise of Flight (which in my case, would probably be more accurately named Falling in Flames) for a bit, along with Waiting for CloDpatch, and go back to my old love. A new dynamic campaign maybe? Why not? Start with an easy one, flying Bf 109s in the siege of Leningrad. Easy? Who am I kidding, I expect the AI will eat me for breakfast...

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
    ...since TD got their hands on the AI, and turned the robo-fools into the evil geniuses they are now. I've just downloaded the new 4.11.1 patch, and they have added one more cunning plan, to counter the effects of the 'AI not seeing you sneaking up from behind' code they added earlier: "Changed AI so that last plane in formation performs maneuvers for checking blind spots"...
    Hi mate,

Can you please tell me who 'TD' are? Happy to take a PM if forum rules or etiquette prevent you saying openly.

cheers,
    Ratsack

Team Daidalos are the official developers for 1946. this is their forum at 1C games http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=202

Original IL2 pre-release demo veteran.
    Yep, me too!

Oleg and Devorah? had hooked me on the promise of IL-2 back in 2000 on SimHQ, couldn't wait for the demo - which seemed to take forever!

I originally signed up here as JG27_TaZ in 2001, but that logon is long, long gone...

Retired my flight stick in 2005 after becoming a full-time musician again, but someday I'll be back to brush up on BnZ!

Edit: Yo Ivan, remember when I went rogue?

Nothing like being on the top of everyone's hit parade! lol
    Last edited by TaZMaNiO; 05-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast