Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Normandy, maybe seen these places? | Forums

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to Normandy and has seen first hand some of the places that will be in the game?

Also, I only know a couple of places that will be in the game, Carentan etc but does anyone know any other towns, villages or places where the game will be set?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to Normandy and has seen first hand some of the places that will be in the game?

Also, I only know a couple of places that will be in the game, Carentan etc but does anyone know any other towns, villages or places where the game will be set?

hmmmmm i dont know if you can really ask that question because of the fact we kind of dont know what is presented in the game. the only way we would know is if we have been there and later looked up where the real 502 were and walk to those sites. as for the other places, yeah there will be some small scale viliages, open fields and so on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EvermanX:
    hmmmmm i dont know if you can really ask that question because of the fact we kind of dont know what is presented in the game. the only way we would know is if we have been there and later looked up where the real 502 were and walk to those sites <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh suppose, just thought that maybe after all the info, screen shots, movies etc on the game that maybe there was more info on the locations (more than I knew about anyway).

i mean if you look at the mission and maps video they show recon film and pics fading into the game maps. besides that we have been left in the dark. i say good, gives the game more suprise and blink of an eye decisions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EvermanX:
    i mean if you look at the mission and maps video they show recon film and pics fading into the game maps. besides that we have been left in the dark. i say good, gives the game more suprise and blink of an eye decisions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yip, I'm with you on that one. I was just hopeing to find out a little more info as I was in Normandy last year for the 60th Anniversary of D-Day...

Varieville(SP?), St. Come du Mont, Utah Beach Exit 4, Hill 30, Carentan Causeway, Heisville, 'XYZ' Complex, St. Mere Eglise, Dead Man's Corner, and Greenham Common(England) are all the ones I can dig up at the time that are in the game.

"Dancing is a contact sport, football is a collision sport."- "Iron Mike" Ditka

Xbox Live Gamertag- Titans 2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TennesseeTitans:
    Varieville(SP?), St. Come du Mont, Utah Beach Exit 4, Hill 30, Carentan Causeway, Heisville, 'XYZ' Complex, Dead Man's Corner, and Greenham Common(England) are all the ones I can dig up at the time that are in the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah well, missed them all anyway, I was mostly round the British sector, Gold and Juno beaches, pegasus bridge etc...

the canadians took juno not the brits the brits took gold and sword and i heard some weres st marie du mont is in it not shure but i heard it someweres b4

I was in Normandy last summer. Visited Omaha, Pointe du Hoc, Ste Mere Eglise and Carentan. I'll be back this year sometime asap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast