Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: il-2 config.ini | Forums

I tweaked my [sound] settings in conf.ini to sound much better.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Congratulations! You have discovered a game exploit which allows you to fly around with audio 'radar'. Wholly unrealistic an a shocking waste of a good sound card.

Please remove said card an post it to me. I will in turn send you my Audigy2 Value edition, which will do exactly the same thing.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
    Congratulations! You have discovered a game exploit which allows you to fly around with audio 'radar'. Wholly unrealistic an a shocking waste of a good sound card.

Please remove said card an post it to me. I will in turn send you my Audigy2 Value edition, which will do exactly the same thing.
    Finding an exploit was certainly not my intention and I do not think this result is the same as people talking about some elusive setting/combination/bug in which they are hearing engines start halfway across the map...
    My example shows the maximum I can hear...

My reasoning for tweaking was such, that if all I was meant to hear was my own engine, then why would Oleg have created an engine capable of rendering more..?
    That does not make sence...

This and that Oleg said il-2 sound is very dependant on hardware and software and settings and the x-fi card and drivers suffer from all kinds of flaws... So I started to experiment to see if I could hear planes passing by (which I could not hear before, even from 20 meters away)...
    Also I could not even hear my own cannon fire before...

Originally posted by DooDaH2007:
    After tweaking my [sound] settings in conf.ini, I arrived at the following result...
    (before tweaking, I heard nothing but my own engine and thought that was normal)

Using creative 'x-fi audio' sound card...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKNOpPuqF8U
    (turn up volume)

Video displays two aircraft attacking a B25, and players aircraft comming in for a peice of the cake...

On-line Track used for recording:
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/chosen1/quick0008.rar
    Patch 4.08

Does il-2 sound like this on your system..? (play track)
    Can you hear more/less..?
    It doesn't sound like that at all for me, I can only hear the engine and at the end of the track barely the plane shooting

Originally posted by mbfRoy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DooDaH2007:
    After tweaking my [sound] settings in conf.ini, I arrived at the following result...
    (before tweaking, I heard nothing but my own engine and thought that was normal)

(turn up volume)

Video displays two aircraft attacking a B25, and players aircraft comming in for a peice of the cake...

Patch 4.08

It doesn't sound like that at all for me, I can only hear the engine and at the end of the track barely the plane shooting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am posting on every forum I know to find out how it was meant to be... Only hearing your own engine (and not even your mg fireing), or some minimal outside sounds like in my video...

Originally posted by DooDaH2007:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mbfRoy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DooDaH2007:

(turn up volume)

Patch 4.08

It doesn't sound like that at all for me, I can only hear the engine and at the end of the track barely the plane shooting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am posting on every forum I know to find out how it was meant to be... Only hearing your own engine (and not even your mg fireing), or some minimal outside sounds like in my video... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wat are your ingame/setup/config.ini settings please

i would like to look at it also to compare

it seems wat ever i do it dont has any effect on it
    Schwarmführer Uffz Rudo "Black 4"

http://www.jg53-pikas.de/

Ok, I am beginning to see why the distant mg fire sounds are 'radar like'.

I recently upgraded to an X-fi Fatal1ty Pro after having an original Audigy Gamer edition. I can tell you that those 2 soundcards sound pretty similar in an older piece of tech like FB, the biggest thing being that the X-FI has some fancier EAX effects (which are noticable over the Audigy and pretty awesome) along with a slightly noticable crisperness of the sound but thats probably only noticable to the true audiophiles. In between the two cards I used the onboard motherboard sound for a couple weeks which is Nforce sound, and I had some weird results.

With occlusions off, I heard the gun fire and all the effects from miles away, and alot of stuff had equal loudness, no depth to the enviorment, just you could hear a large range of the enviroment, very loudly. With occlusions on, the enviroment sounded more normal but the surround sound was jacked up, i only had the sound coming out of one speaker or so at a time and as I panned my head to view backwards, it would shift to the other speakers abruptly with no overlap.

Now I didn't try a whole lot of different settings and didn't tinker with a bunch of variables, but as perviously stated IL-2 is very hardware dependent as far as what you actually hear coming out of your speakers. The video DooDah posted sounds roughly comparable to my x-fi.

Speed Doesn't Kill but a sudden lack of it does.

Originally posted by: Stiletto-
    recently upgraded to an X-fi Fatal1ty Pro after having an original Audigy Gamer edition. I can tell you that those 2 soundcards sound pretty similar in an older piece of tech like FB(...)
    Well I am playing the game on an Audigy 1 soundcard (OEM) and I have no issues whatsoever with my sounds.
    I can hear bullits impact, I hear other planes, I hear the warning siren on airports, I hear machine guns, everything, so if you guys with the X-Fi are indeed hearing sounds differently that's not good and certainly not similar to Audigy cards, well at least not the Audigy 1's.
    Here are my sound settings for reference:

[sound]
    SoundUse=1
    SoundEngine=1
    Speakers=4
    Placement=0
    SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
    RadioFlags.Enabled=1
    RadioEngine=2
    MusicVolume=0
    ObjectVolume=14
    MusState.takeoff=1