Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [360] Powder Keg by EROCK & neokinesis | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hurk is back! | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 3 Elite Member neokinesis's Avatar
    You may have noticed the amount of time I have been spending in the Editor.

Erock & I like to call this one 'PCP' for the way it plays.

The BETA should be out tomorrow and the final before the 20th.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

it was the funniest match yesterday in far cry soup, and unfortunately, one of the few maps I liked.

not sure what to improve. I think there are 2-3 places where I got stuck, but don't remember where. my biggest problem was to find ammo.
    my far cry 2 and timesplitters map : http://www.youtube.com/user/LeFaucheur

Originally posted by Fauch_:
    it was the funniest match yesterday in far cry soup, and unfortunately, one of the few maps I liked.

not sure what to improve. I think there are 2-3 places where I got stuck, but don't remember where. my biggest problem was to find ammo.
    Thank you very much!

I am certainly glad you enjoyed yourself. I also perceived the match as a success but as one of the creators felt there were definitely some areas that could use some adjustments. Although the final name will probably not have the initials PCP, it sure lived up to its name with all the energy in last night’s games.

Some things we have added or changed:
    New Structures - An entirely new building was created near the Red Diamond to help channel the players toward the center of the map. It looks like a highbred between the city builds you fight in and the hillside structures seen in the distance. Also, new hillside structures were created to make the world more immersive. There was a medium traffic area that felt very barren before that is hopefully fixed.

As always you can expect the hidden skulls and the other Map tie-ins. If you are able to look through the Train Track Bridge out onto the horizon you may notice a simplified version of REVOVLER R3VOLU71ON exists out there.

Less Water - There are a number of puddles, trash, and debris around the map that made it feel deserted. Because the water reflections were affecting the frame rate the puddles were made smaller. The underground tunnel that connects the large Battleship type building to its neighboring structure will remain flooded.

Improved Vegetation – The valley floor around the level has rolling hills of grass all around but hurt the frame rate. As a way of economizing, all grass beyond a certain distance has been removed because there is never a time when the player will see it. Also, any grass or vegetation on the back sides of the surrounding hills was also removed. Yea for improved FPS!

Better Borders - There were a couple concerns with the playable zone not being obvious enough. To keep the players in the middle of the action there were very narrow alleys around the outside of the map but with no visual marker for the boundaries some players were dropping dead just out of bounds. In a couple areas small objects like sandbags, barrels, jugs, and fences were placed to separate the map from its surroundings.

More Cover – there were a lot of empty corners where you would immediately expose yourself when turning. There are lots of flower boxes, crates, barrels, and sandbags to help everyone feel safer.

Clean Up – Too many rough placement objects interrupted running and moving around the map. There were also a number of things floating or misaligned. The terrain also lacked the pop of our other map, O i l A r s e n i c, so some subtle things have been added to give it individuality. Hopefully all the obvious hangups have been worked out.

Interactive Objects – Removable walls and falling floor boards are just some of the objects that the players can interact with. Paneling has been placed in high fire areas that will break away during battles. Explosive containers were placed around the map to help you get the jump on an opponent. And add a hierarchy to lines of sight.

Improved Bases – The Red Base, dubbed ‘the Cabin’, has some obstacles added to the inside that you can battle around or hide behind. The Yellow Base has been redesigned on the inside, rotating a stairwell and adding another from the outside. It is much more spacious and easy to navigate.

More Ladders – There are a number of new ladders that help players move into the areas they really want to be. A ladder scales the Giant wall on the Battleship Building all the way to the top where the Sniper perch is. Another to a turret that overlooks the in City Sign/Bridge. It was hard to get to Uprising A before if you found yourself on the back side of the building so a ladder and ramp have been added to get you up to the top quickly.

Way More Ammo – You hit it right on the head and blew yourself to smithereens. There simply wasn’t enough ammo. Especially for me, living so long on my own map and killing all the new players. For starters, there is an ammo crate on the back side of the Battleship Building under the lone staircase and another in the back room of the new Hybrid Building by the Cabin (Red Base)

Spawn Points Galore! – There were far too little spawn points and even worse, they were often pointing the wrong directions. There is a lot of traction to be made with all the new hiding places, nooks, and crannies.

Originally, while designing the buildings we were going for the monochromatic look seen in old pictures with blasted out yellows and faded reds. To try and capture that essence we have put very little red in the map. Blue and Yellow instead are used around the map.

We are very pleased with this Urban Western and we hope everyone can find a way to have a good time regardless of game mode. Download and Enjoy.

Now with Youtube Video showcasing a Drive through!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNY-owBP1kQ

Keep an eye out for me on Xbox Live. I have been a busy bee mapping in all my spare minutes lately. Drop me a message and I'll be sure to get you going on a number of excellent maps to play on. Apparently, Clans are where it is at these days, if you aren't on one, find one. Just recently I was asked if it was ok if some of the existing clans use this map to train the recruits.

Do you know what my answer was? 'Light the fuse!' cause its about to be a bumpy ride.

this is a older map right ive seen it attached to your handle did u make any changes to it ?
    PS3 __AKA__Leadstorm 76__

It is still as awesome as always. I have to admit, I have my favorites that I have worked on. Mapping and Hosting are arts all in themselves. Sometimes its hard to get a string of maps together that keep everyone engage but this one always delivers which is why I make sure to put it 2nd or 3rd in every rotation. Modern Warfares influence over this map really turned it around for the best. They really pull you in and keep the adrenaline going. We should have called it Crank.

ill check it out i saw a pic of floodgate project couldnt find it . is it avialable ?

Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
    is it avialable ?
    Answered in the correct Forum located here.

i finaly found it thx.

Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
    i finaly found it thx.
    I am glad you got a hold of it. I'd love to hear what you thought in it's respective thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast