Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of subtitle does really hinder the gameplay | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

I'm deaf myself and usually in most games I can get by without subtitle because there are alternatives to subtitle that made my gaming experience enjoyable such as detailed mission/goal/objective text that update during the game. I'm astounded to see that Assassin's Creed lacked any subtitle or simple assistance for people with disabilities.

A quick Google search revealed that developers said that subtitle was removed due to new game engine and multiple people talking at same time but I think that they're pretty weak excuses as you could easily program game to only display subtitle during cutscenes & important moments.

Do you feel that lack of subtitle in Assassin's Creed does hinder your gameplay experience too?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

yea it does. i really want subtitles so i can understand what they are saying without putting the volume so high.

funny you say this lol, i dont remeber what i was doing, but i had just killed a gourd and one of the characters started talking, but the gourd was houling in pain in the background so i coudent hear the guy was funny

i turned up the diolog in the options menue, and you can turn down the other stuff if you want best i could do
    Resize your avatar and signature- this is your final warning
    453...Can you explain it?
    "I think the crows are calling my name" thought Caw.
    Im going to live forever or die trying.

i turned up the diolog in the options menue, and you can turn down the other stuff if you want best i could do
    I'm deaf myself
    I don't think thats gonna help him (No offence to anyone)
    ------------------------------

well you do have mission logs so you could always look at those if your unsure of what your doing

Originally posted by Lost_Control303:
    I don't think thats gonna help him (No offence to anyone)
    Haha yeah

Originally posted by Moros:
    well you do have mission logs so you could always look at those if your unsure of what your doing
    True that, I'll give it a try and see if I can get used to that.

When like eaves dropping, it comes up after wards saying ehat you just found out anyway, so not really a problem. I just run around alot, and go for the not so sneaklily aprroach of killing anyway. But as said, i just turn the volumne up, i couldnt care less as i love the game,

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Originally posted by adambetts:
    I'm deaf myself and usually in most games I can get by without subtitle because there are alternatives to subtitle that made my gaming experience enjoyable such as detailed mission/goal/objective text that update during the game. I'm astounded to see that Assassin's Creed lacked any subtitle or simple assistance for people with disabilities.

A quick Google search revealed that developers said that subtitle was removed due to new game engine and multiple people talking at same time but I think that they're pretty weak excuses as you could easily program game to only display subtitle during cutscenes & important moments.

Do you feel that lack of subtitle in Assassin's Creed does hinder your gameplay experience too?
    use headphones. with alot of volume

I too would've liked subtitles. My family started watching movies with subtitles due to my parents' continual increase in lack of hearing (old age), so I've gotten used to reading them. Especially with the intricate storyline, it would be nice to know all the details NPCs reveal.

Has there been any word from the Ubisoft team or anyone involved with the game on the subtitles front.

I've decided to stop playing the game and hold out for a subtitle patch, the game is pretty much story driven, you can play it without subtitles but its good to at least know why your killing so and so...

Good game, great environments, good combat... but disapointingly i cant follow it without subtitles.

Please patch it. some games have downloadable content, multiplayer content etc... ubisoft dont have to provide anything like this with Assassins creed, theres no excuse not to patch the game with a subtitle option.

By the way, i'm not asking for a subtitle option on all the speech, i'm just asking for it on the cutscenes etc....

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast