Thread: AC:R Galata Tower Animus Data Fragment Help | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Ok, so I'm trying to get the animus data fragment on Galata tower. It seems to me that the only way to do this is to climb up to a point above the ledge the data fragment is on, and then drop down. However, in a turn of terrible level design that I find to be ubiquitous in this game, whenever I press shift to drop down, Ezio interprets this as "JUMP DOWN TO THE LEAP OF FAITH THAT UBISOFT DECIDED WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO PUT IN THE SAME SPOT AS THE DATA FRAGMENT". I've thought about parachuting to the ledge but there's no other building that's both close enough and tall enough to be able to reach it, and any attempt to parachute off the top of tower onto the ledge results in the same leap of faith problem as before. Is there a solution that I'm missing here? Why couldn't the Ubisoft level designers have the sense to put the data fragment somewhere that wasn't above a leap of faith, or make it so that you could climb to the ledge?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

try going up either left or right of the ledge, where dropping doesn't trigger a leap of faith and then using the parachute. it will take a lot of tries but it's the only way i found how to do it

After a few false starts with the hay bale, I tried parachuting onto it and managed it on the first try. You can even leap away from the fall (not just sideways) and quickly open your parachute, then steer towards the ledge, that's how I did it.

It was obviously meant to be a puzzle, the placement of the hay bale wasn't just a bad design move. I quite like it when Ubi go out of their way to make something a challenge and make you think for a bit.
    Spoiler: 

"I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."