Thread: Gameplay help for newbie | Forums

As with many others, I only recently got this game but so far find it great. I barely managed to get through the tutorials, but I find the game very difficult. I've tried the first mission in career, which instructs me to go to a particular grid point and patrol. I do so, but under orders it never gives me credit for even getting to the grid. I patrol forever, try to engage the occasional enemy (never can, for some reason but some of the other suggestions about diving when you are near an enemy makes sense), then I return to the base I came from and, since I can't seem to manually dock, I click "return to dock" or whatever it says. At that point, I can't seem to progress. It doesnt allow me to save or to go to another mission. And everytime I hit Esc I lose any opportunity to get back to where I was. Luckily I have managed to save the game right before I dock, but this is getting to be "groundhog day." Even though I am probably considered a pitiful commander since I didn't successfully engage any enemy and didn't get official credit for even getting to the grid, let alone patrolling it, does that mean I can't move on? Sadly, this is only the first of many questions and gameplay problems, but the game is so compelling that I keep staying up till 2 am working on it. Thanks for any help.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As with many others, I only recently got this game but so far find it great. I barely managed to get through the tutorials, but I find the game very difficult. I've tried the first mission in career, which instructs me to go to a particular grid point and patrol. I do so, but under orders it never gives me credit for even getting to the grid. I patrol forever, try to engage the occasional enemy (never can, for some reason but some of the other suggestions about diving when you are near an enemy makes sense), then I return to the base I came from and, since I can't seem to manually dock, I click "return to dock" or whatever it says. At that point, I can't seem to progress. It doesnt allow me to save or to go to another mission. And everytime I hit Esc I lose any opportunity to get back to where I was. Luckily I have managed to save the game right before I dock, but this is getting to be "groundhog day." Even though I am probably considered a pitiful commander since I didn't successfully engage any enemy and didn't get official credit for even getting to the grid, let alone patrolling it, does that mean I can't move on? Sadly, this is only the first of many questions and gameplay problems, but the game is so compelling that I keep staying up till 2 am working on it. Thanks for any help.

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/gree...lenthunter.htm

Check that for hints on how to play, as to your problem i dont really understand it.

You should be taken to the office after the mission, different parts of the screen are clickable and do different things. When you have bought upgrades, checked your crew ect (the manual tells you about this) then you click on the map to be sent out on patrol again.

I hope that helps.

"manual docking" just means when you're close to or within the base itself, press "Esc" and exit mission to office as stated in above post. Pressing F8 shows mission orders and completed and uncompleted missions. Check here to see if your 24 hour patrol is completed. Watch your clock to make sure you're there for a full 24. Leaving the grid and coming back doesn't count toward your 24 hours. Don't worry if you don't find or catch anyone soon. There's alot to this game. Keep at it as it will all fall into place in time, then it becomes an even better game.