Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The price of cheap goods from China | Forums

I'll give the British credit, their media does report on sweated labor and on the military-run slave labor factories in China. Ours in the USA does not (because such stories embarrass nabobs like Gates and Jobs who have a great deal invested in their images as humanitarians and cool guys). Al Gore is on Apples's board of directors, a nice sinecure. His indignation does not extend to Apple's use of sweated labor in China.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ired-stay-awake.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

What the heck is this? The Daily Mail defending the workers? Oh yes, this is Chinese Workers being exploited by America, so it's OK to run the story.

I think to describe this as 'sweated labor' might be a little OTT, in this instance, but there is no question that the Chinese economic system is very efficient at extracting surplus value from its workforce. Perhaps we should encourage the workers to seize control of the means of production, eh, Liet?

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

Just shows you how much the Chinese are indoctrinated into 'slave labour', exploited by their own and profiteering westerners.

So how long do you think it'll take for this bubble to burst, resulting in another revolution in China.

We like all foreigners - We have no problems with them ??

The next time the bubble bursts in China we're all going to get wet.
    Blairgowrie
    is still
    da man!

foxyboy1964 a.k.a. PINKY!

Originally posted by leitmotiv:
    I'll give the British credit...
    Blairgowrie
    is still
    da man!

Blairgowrie
    is still
    da man!

Originally posted by AndyJWest:

I think to describe this as 'sweated labor' might be a little OTT, in this instance, but there is no question that the Chinese economic system is very efficient at extracting surplus value from its workforce.
    A darling Stalinist to the core---I didn't think there were any left outside of the Communist Party of the USA. A new low for Andy Pandy. I suppose you will defend their army slave labor camp system next? I love the doctrinaire.

Or.....

Various companies go out for competitive quotes....When they pick the lowest bidder, and the quality remains the same that is the extent of their involvement.

They do NOT go on tours and probing investigations of human rights conditions, fair labor practices and so on.....It is simply "can they meet production, and is the quality up to the standard".....The end.

Now you can make it sound like these firms go out and pick poor labor condition firms to keep costs low.....Yet that's rediculous, and not how it is done. Want to point out to them that "X" is going on there? Great, IF TRUE many will pull their contracts.

Yet to try and imply that these firms make this sort of thing happen, instigate and encourage it is rediculous. Oh to be sure, most work under the "don't ask don't tell" policy, yet it's not as though they are telling the vendor to do such.......Fact of the matter is, it is very likely there (though elsewhere it is forced), if you told the workers they'd be out of that job to save them from it they'd fight you tooth and nail.

It is NOT the chosen profession of big business to go fight human rights issues around the world.......Grant contracts based on, sure, if they choose to open their eyes......Yet you can't walk into X nation and demand they work at X standards past not granting a contract.

.....and that's if, IF, it is as bad as this article states. China is not what it used to be, that situation would be surprising.

K2

-

Originally posted by foxyboy1964:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leitmotiv:
    I'll give the British credit...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disavow all British parties but the honorable union of Arsenal thugs.

Originally posted by foxyboy1964:
    For this FB will be recipient of a WMD weaponized 1:6 scale figure of Charles the Bold suffering from terminal piles whilst on campaign.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast