Thread: Simple suggestion for multiplayer | Forums

I think, as the squad leader, you should be able to order your squad just like you do in singleplayer. What I mean by that is...using that whole order squad button. You hold down the button, drag this little icon around the terrain, and specify to your squad where you want them to go, or who you want them to shoot at. This could easily work online I think. A squad leader could direct his squad to a specific area...with ease. Say there are a few stone walls outside a building, you could drag and drop that little icon behind a certain wall, just like in singleplayer. Now your squad would see that little icon appear where you dropped it, and would know exactly where to go. An arrow could be over it too so players can find it. When a squad member reaches it, the little icon fades so as not to get in the way- not for all squad members, only the ones who are at the icon.

That's a simple concept, wouldn't you say?
    You can't point out a specific location with a keyboard or microphone, so if the squad leader could easily tell his team where to go or who to shoot at...(or even where he thinks a sniper is hiding?)...and his team could easily understand it, well then I think things could get really interesting.

They're trying to get us to use strategy when ordering our squads around. They want us to think like a leader. It could do some good in multiplayer, making squad combat very smooth.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I think, as the squad leader, you should be able to order your squad just like you do in singleplayer. What I mean by that is...using that whole order squad button. You hold down the button, drag this little icon around the terrain, and specify to your squad where you want them to go, or who you want them to shoot at. This could easily work online I think. A squad leader could direct his squad to a specific area...with ease. Say there are a few stone walls outside a building, you could drag and drop that little icon behind a certain wall, just like in singleplayer. Now your squad would see that little icon appear where you dropped it, and would know exactly where to go. An arrow could be over it too so players can find it. When a squad member reaches it, the little icon fades so as not to get in the way- not for all squad members, only the ones who are at the icon.

That's a simple concept, wouldn't you say?
    You can't point out a specific location with a keyboard or microphone, so if the squad leader could easily tell his team where to go or who to shoot at...(or even where he thinks a sniper is hiding?)...and his team could easily understand it, well then I think things could get really interesting.

They're trying to get us to use strategy when ordering our squads around. They want us to think like a leader. It could do some good in multiplayer, making squad combat very smooth.

Banned
    i would love if they actualy did that in a way thats useful but on multiplayer lots of ppl dont act like soldiers and just run around crazy shooting, maybe if they made health more realistic then maybe commanding and orders could be effective in
    mp, but anyway i like the idea.

because we're dealing with real human players then yes they aren't going to follow it so closely. I'm saying make it an option. If you really were taking it seriously you could, but if you're just playing with some random players who didn't care to follow the leader it could still be of some use...