Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

As can see here:
    http://www.celestialheavens.com/show...otd.php?id=228

as opposed to the old one
    http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?a...pe=post&id=832

The "new and improved" inventory screen was released with 1.4 and its bad very bad maybe a slight improvement from the old screen (maybe..) but its just a bad one still hard to see where everything goes , There was a mod for this screen made by some fan which was 10 time better
    here's a link:
    http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?a...pe=post&id=831
    so i wonder if a fan can do it better why don't they use it instead of producing this bad screen ,I mean what were they thinking? .
    It is good they knew it was a problem needed to be fixed but they should fix it better.
    But as a side note looks like 1.4 finally solved sync issues so thumbs up for that.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

damn, that fan made mod looks sweet<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Asus P5B Socket 775 Intel P965
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz (1066MHz)
    Asus EN7950GX2/2PHT/1G GeForce PCI-E
    Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO
    LG GSA-H10N 16X 10x DL+R 6X DL-R 12X DVD-Ram
    Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Mid Tower ATX Black
    Antec TruePower Trio 550 Watt PSU (ATX12V v2.2 & EPS 12V)
    WD Caviar 320GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
    ViewSonic Xtreme VX922 19" LCD 2 ms 650:1 1280 x 1024 DVI

Actually, I like the Ubisoft one more. That fan-based one is just a copy of the h3 one.

And by the way, exactly what's wrong with the new one? Is you complaint just because you preferred the h3 paper doll?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

[i]"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long f

im sorry that fan based one does not look all that great to me. I like the new one by ubi myself

Oh, my, that's a pretty lackluster effort (Nival's). Just a grid of squares, no identifying icons. Sheeshhh.

It's really funny how they can underperform with something as simple as that.

Well the only thing a paperdoll inventory should give us is comprehension. How the hell am I supposed to know what kind of artifact should be put at the lower left corner? Or any other except the obvious ones? I just can't understand how could they make such a simple thing be so complicated?! I'm starting to think the previous style with the icons was better...<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---
    "???????????? ????? ??????!" - "Unity makes Strength!"
    "??? ??? , ??? ????????" - "One Nation, One Culture"
    ---
    "Съединението прави силата!" - "Unity Makes Strength"

"Մեկ Ազգ , Մեկ Մշակույթ" - "One Nation, One Culture"

Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
    And by the way, exactly what's wrong with the new one?
    The fact that it is not clear what type of artifact goes to where? The question is not in doll, but intuitional overview of you arties and vacancies. The H5 original is OK, although having equipped boots and helmet displayed at identical height aren't too intutional. If you really need, I can find some proofs that human brain saves and recognizes images in context (i.e. it takes longer time to recognize objects in unnatural situations like someone coming and kicking a helmet with foots rather than carrying it on head). Patch 1.4 gave a paperdoll but removed the background images of previous version. I do not know yet myself what goes into each slot, thus I cannot comment the user-friendliness of a fully equipped hero, but several of those empty boxes are certainly less intuitional than the old version.

Is you complaint just because you preferred the h3 paper doll?
    Can there any other reason for complaining than having a different preference? Moreover, he most likely prefers the paperdoll of diablo, or that other game or the fancy paperdoll of that forth game...
    BTW, aren't you so defensive just because you perhaps are kind of personal friend to Fabrice?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Heavens of Might and Magic
    Why am i forced to have an "U" as a screen name? I'd like to sue someone.

What's wrong with the new paper doll? It's easy to see what item goes where - just check what is the main thing that is present in each square:

2: a helmet - 99% of the helmet in the picture is in this square
    3: amulate - you see the amulate is at the center of the square
    5: armor - most of the square is only armor
    6: shield - this is very compicated... shield or cape? it's 50% shield and 25% cape so it's shield :P
    8: weapon - a sword! nothing too complicated
    9: boots - this square is centered at the feet of the doll
    10: cape - this square only has a cape in it

only 1 4 and 7 are left and I double it makes such a difficulty<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

__________________________________________________ _________________
    Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

Exactly. I have no problem seeing what goes where either.

@Pitsu

I'm not getting defensive about it at all. I'm just not understanding what's wrong with it. You've got 2 miscellaneous slots, you've got a pocket (4-leaf clover), and the body slots are clearly identified. I was just wanting some sort of clarification as to WHY everyone was saying that the Nival Paperdoll looked like ****. And I'm no more of a friend to Fabrice than I am to you or anybody else on this board. You're all acquaintances and I know you all only through this medium. I'm only stating MY opinions as I see them. Nothing more.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

[i]"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long f

Personally, Id rather have any 6-8 artifacts slots instead of the doll. Like HoMM2 style except you also have an inventory to hold spare artifacts. That way, you don't run into problems of getting 3 swords and no armor while the enemy gets 1 of each.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Non est vita in Vacuo, Solus Mortis.
    Non est vita in Vacuo, Solus Mortis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast