Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help guys.... | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hey everyone. I just had a nasty experience with some trojans and spy/ad ware programs and ive eliminated almost all the problems. The last problem im having are the icons on my desktop the icons now seem to have this very annoying blue background behind all the letters and icons and I was wondering if there was some option to change it. To me it looks like the alpha stopped working but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a pic:

the left is my computer. The right is a picture I pulled off another computer. Both with windows XP

Many thanks to gui_brazil for the sig/ avatar! http://www.spyring.net/sc4/?friend=Mj3KlH

Xfire: psyichic
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    I don't know for sure as i've never had this prob... but it could be in here? Just a guess. Also i've had my icons come up like that before and when i changed my wallpaper it went back to normal... It's windows, it makes no sense.

I like how it's different every time you install it.

Did u run all virus scanning spy/adware removing programms... If u don't do it first or it will only be comming back till the end off days...

If that wont work, a reinstall. And be a bit more carefull next time.

Originally posted by Raz0rx_:
    I don't know for sure as i've never had this prob... but it could be in here? Just a guess. Also i've had my icons come up like that before and when i changed my wallpaper it went back to normal... It's windows, it makes no sense.

I like how it's different every time you install it.

im 100% sure its somewhere there, i remember changing it awhile ago

Death Is My Business And Business Is Good!!

It may also be in Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance Settings. Try turning all of the effects on.

Xfire - dumunky

I checked it, but I think it's not there...

Even the classic look blends the pictograms...

So just get rid of the spy/ad/virusware.

Edit: was reaction to Assasin.

Brustusn: Ive been doing that for some time now. I have ran Ad-aware SE and restarted into safe mode and ran Mcafee scan. A thorough scan. Im currently running it again as last time I didnt let it compelte but I get back to you when im done running those programs for a third time tonight.

EDIT: Im currently done with scaning, rescanning clearing spy ware running it again and im still left with 2 problems. One is a registry key and another is a file inside of my windows files. THey are proving to be quite difficult to destroy. I have tried forcing Mcafee, Ad-Aware, and now even a tune up utility to erase them but they are proving difficult to kill off. Can anyone give me some idea how I can forcibly delete these two? My main concern is the dll that is in my system32 folder. It keeps saying a process is using it and im running the system in safe mode. Can anyone give me an idea on how to delete these files?

Many thanks to gui_brazil for the sig/ avatar! http://www.spyring.net/sc4/?friend=Mj3KlH

Xfire: psyichic

Banned
    Try doing a search on the filenames and you might find some virus info and how to remove them for good.

The option is here:

Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance Settings

Make sure 'Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop' is selected.

If that doesn't work . . . then . . .

Right-click on the desktop, go to "Arrange icons by" and uncheck "Lock web items on desktop"

XFIRE: acdx | Preview your sig: imp.acdx.net | Sig gallery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast