Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Conviction Support Thread | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Well I decided that considering there is the Official Conviction Critiques & Alternate Suggestions thread and that the previous Conviction support thread was hijacked by nonsense, I decided to try create our own little haven for those Splinter Cell fans that are looking forward to Splinter Cell Conviction and who are excited about the new change in gameplay.

This thread of for ONLY those who are in support of Conviction and the thread and I ask any flamers and those who view the game in a negative light to please leave their critiques with Conviction in the Official Conviction Critiques & Alternate Suggestions thread. This is a thread for those who wish to discuss the positives about the next Splinter Cell.

Furthermore I have decided to add a couple of website addresses that are covering Conviction and I also posted a couple of interviews which explore a fraction of the gameplay coming up in Conviction. (Please see below)

IGN Coverage of Conviction HERE
    CVG Coverage is also HERE
    And I would add the gamesradar artiles but their pages arent loading so Im not sure if there is something wrong with their servers or my browser.

I decided to also add the two parts of the French Dev interview because I think they are showing a bit more of what can be done:

Part One
    Part Two

I also ask that anyone who contributes to this thread to please post any other links/videos that they feel are worth while so to continue the contribution to this thread.

So my questions to all those fans that are in support of Conviction, what is it about Conviction that has got you all excited about the next Splinter Cell?, What are you looking forward too?, What are your hopes about Splinter Cell Conviction?, and any other question you can think of asking yourself.

Please remember there is no right or wrong in this thread because we all support the game in a positive light some way or another. So no flaming each other and no negative posts and only great ideas and opinions about the next Splinter Cell!

Personally, I am a big fan of Splinter Cell's storyline, Sam Fisher and all the character of Third Echelon and even the bad guys that make the series possible. However, I am also a big fan of stories revolving around corrupt and falling apart government "initiatives" and considering the way the story of Splinter Cell has twisted, Im really looking forward to seeing just how Conviction plays out.

Secondly, I think the new gameplay change is a nice refresh to the series and I look forward to how the storyline is applying to the gameplay. How Sam the good guy is being chewed out by the other so called good guys. How Sam as a fugitive has to react and being forced into the new daylight environment. All these things combined and based of what I have seen so far I think will make a great addition to the Splinter Cell series.
    ---
    Zherkezhi..... is that some kind of dried meat?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

w00t! Go Conviction!

Thanks for the making the thread. If those doubters of the game come in here i sware i will burn their thread down to the ground, we need our space too. I havent said anything in their own thread.

Anyways what has gotten me so excited about this is looking forward to using this crowd system. I never did anything like it before and Im so curious to check it out especially since its in a Splinter Cell game and also because one of the best devs(Montreal)are making it. They wont dissapoint, they never did.

Another is the new combat system they have shown. It looks a little off right now, but its an early build...but using the environment to take it out enemies never looked so good.

Originally posted by MKCC14:
    Thanks for the making the thread. If those doubters of the game come in here i sware i will burn their thread down to the ground, we need our space too. I havent said anything in their own thread.

Anyways what has gotten me so excited about this is looking forward to using this crowd system. I never did anything like it before and Im so curious to check it out especially since its in a Splinter Cell game and also because one of the best devs(Montreal)are making it. They wont dissapoint, they never did.

Another is the new combat system they have shown. It looks a little off right now, but its an early build...but using the environment to take it out enemies never looked so good.
    Haha your more than welcome MK. Your absolutely right about the new active stealth, crowd and combat system. Alot of people have been suggesting that Conviction is just a rip off from Hitman Blood Money. Well having not Hitman BM I can not comment on the comparison between Conviction and Hitman, however I have read that the crowd AI really sucked and based on the videos that have been released the crowd mechanics seem to be working quite well (for an early build). And Montreal is doing Conviction and they havent failed us in the past just like you mentioned.
    ---
    Zherkezhi..... is that some kind of dried meat?

Here is the producer Mathieu Ferland speaking and showing the game at Ubidays. The demonstration is here:

Ubidays Demonstration

Impossible that Conviction is a rip off of BM. BM was pretty much a failiure while the new SC game looks like its going to rock. The story sounds like its going to be fun to play and might captivate some of that drama which is displayed in the novels. Wonder what multi player's going to be like? Cant wait for this game to come out.

thanks for making this thread.
    i liked hitmanBM,the only comparisons i see is just being unnoticed when with people/crowd.but the way you stay hidden with people/crowd in conviction is a lot different.

cant wait to play out the story.use the new close combat.i was wondering how the close combat worked. while watching the trailer it showed Sam(around the beginning)throwing a punch,elbow,then slamming the guards head into his knee.then when he elbowed the guy around the freedom thing.is it combinations,d-pad,something.but watching the walkthrough he just through people into stuff/or other way around.which is going to be cool when they tone the distance of the throw down.i wanna see a lot of close combat though(krav maga stuff).

so far the story is amazing.sam is now in desperation mode, trying to prove his innocence.can't get any better.

the two best stories are coming to a end this year.splinter cell,halo.

Finish the Fight
    "madness is like gravity... all it takes is a little push"

Originally posted by Gflo221:
    Impossible that Conviction is a rip off of BM. BM was pretty much a failiure while the new SC game looks like its going to rock. The story sounds like its going to be fun to play and might captivate some of that drama which is displayed in the novels. Wonder what multi player's going to be like? Cant wait for this game to come out.
    Blood Money wasn't really a failure...It was a lot of fun

Conviction should be cool too.

Its funny how everyone is saying they won't buy the game if there isn't spy vs. merc.
    We all know they'll still buy it. They aren't fooling anyone.

Lol, splinter cell is not coming to an end, bro. They created this new active stealth so that even more sequels of the game could be established. They have more things to improve on now.

Banned
    Man, I am way excited about this. Personally, I felt that sitting in the shadows was nice, but this new game dynamic, it's looks much more interactive than anything else that's stealth-related. The movie the Fugitive comes to mind, and that movie rocked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast