Thread: custom single player missions wont load | Forums

I've downloaded several different missions from CoJmodding.com. As per the instructions, I've saved the files and put them in the data/maps extra file, but the game doesn't seem to see them. Multiplayer maps have loaded just fine
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Have you installed the Patch 1.1.0.0.?

He said he can play custom MP maps so I guess he has installed the patch. Do you check in the SP game menu extra missions? Or you don't have this menu?
    I have custom maps folder like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of juarez - bound in blood\CoJ2\Data\MapsExtra\custom_map.pak

Or for noSTEAM version of your game like this:

D:\Games\call of juarez - bound in blood\CoJ2\Data\MapsExtra\custom_map.pak

Do you have the same?

Maybe I am wrong but I saw in your comment you said "maps extra" but correct is "mapsextra".

In answer to questions, yes patch is installed, and the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Techland\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\CoJ2\Data\MapsExtra

so what happens when you push extra missions button?

When I hit the extra missions button, the message 'no extra missions are available' comes up, and the web address of the modder site.

hm, I can only recommend you noob way to reinstall your game or patch or all together.

same thing happened!

same thing happened to me.. .i reinstalled my game then patched it but the same thing happens! please HELP!!
    Last edited by ryan_jay09; 04-30-2012 at 01:11 AM.

please HELP..

Hi,
    make sure that you have the good folder names, i mean MapsExtra for single player maps and MapsNet for multiplayer maps.

there's the good directory:
    Disk:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Techland\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\CoJ2\Data\MapsExtra

Don't put the maps in:
    Disk:\Users\UserName\Documents\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\data\MapsExtra

Make sure that the map.paks that you'd downloaded are not corrupted because it happens that the download finish before it's end and the map.paks are not complete.

And restart your game once you have the maps in MapsExtra.

And when you are in the SP game menu extra missions, map names could be different from those showed on cojmodding.
    The extra mission's menu show allway the map.pak archive name.