Here is the link to a recent podcast interview of the R6P Devs...
Some info include:
1. Old Vegas controls will return as an option, but new control scheme will also be offered (sounds like a dumbed down auto-cover system where you are forced to hug a wall when you get next too it; I suspect they will also implement the left trigger as an Aim-Down-Sights toggle a la COD)....just my speculation.
Anyhow, kudos to Ubisoft for giving us options to keep the old control scheme. The key is to maximize our OPTIONS.
2. Good news!...sounds like they will not be getting rid of the lobby system for private matches. Instead they will be adding an option for matchmaking. Kudos to Ubisoft for not getting rid of the lobby system.
3. They implied that if you make a private room, then the host can force ppl to wear the same uniform. It is unclear if the avatars will still have a friendly coin hovering over their head. Personally, I don't really care if ppl wear different outfits/colors and I don't care if their is a friendly indicator. In fact, I like the friendly indicator (it is a limitation of online gaming play that I accept).
4. They confirmed that 3rd person POV will return when you are in cover. They also implied that 3rd person mode will still allow players to have a broader field of vision...they said that this will encourage players to use cover.
5. Bad News!!!...they confirmed that Melee will be implemented. This is a big mistake in my opinion. It decreases the emphasis on gun vs gun skills. I hope they at least make it such that melee kills are difficult to pull off.
6. They will not confirm that T-Hunt will return or not. They just said that "it would be silly for them to not look into it."
7. They will not confirm whether or not there will be co-op story mode.
They spent about a third of the beginning of the podcast discussing things I don't really care about...i.e. the "morality" system, the shift in perspectives, the 'choose your own adventure' type of gameplay (or lack thereof in the case of R6P). I say I don't care much about because I don't get much entertainment out of single player mode. I buy my games for the multiplayer mode.