Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Settlers 7 - Build Order/Strategies Index | Forums

With games like this where there are many different strategies to achieve victory; it usually ends up with people posting their various ideas/strategies/build orders all over the board meaning that it’s very difficult for people to find them.

So I thought I’d get a little head start here before things got a little bit too ‘busy’ and organise a few of the already existing guides/strats that are out there, hopefully making it easier to add others along as we go.

I personally think it would be beneficial if we could get a few different build order guides as well; I have found these very useful in previous games with a base-building style of gameplay, and think it would help us all to get better!

BEGINNERS
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Very Basic Starter Guide (S7) by ryanhnning - this is a great place to start if you're having trouble getting your economy going at the beginning.
    <LI>A Guide To Food Boosting by icedude94 - this is a great guide looking at the impact of food on the game, as well as adding some handy tips on storehouses... which seem to be confusing alot of people! *UPDATE* icedude94 has just added a new save file to his guide so you can see it all working in action... definitely check that out if you're still having trouble!
    <LI>Production Line Tips by ldylarke - If you're having trouble knowing how many workshops to add then this is a good place to start. Also has an interesting observation about the effeciency of the Mint workshop.[/list]

-X-

STRATEGIES/BUILD ORDERS

MILITARY STYLE
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Settlers 7 Military Branch Empire/Multiplayer Guide by TroWoelf - A nice more in-depth look at a more military based build order. (Also check out Zixonv's variation on page 2 of that topic)
    <LI> Military (Cav) Rush by Zixonv - If you're a player that likes the 'rush' style gameplay (like me!) then definitely give this tactic a try![/list]

TRADE STYLE
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Trade Trick for 'infinity gold' by m0t0k0 - alot of debate on this one, but it's the first trade-based discussion i've seen, and shows how it's possible to use the trade screen to your advantage. Perhaps more of a late-game strat, but some interesting ideas nonetheless.[/list]

TECHNOLOGY STYLE
    - None that I've seen yet... let me know if you want to recommend one!

-X-

COMMUNITY
    <LI>Friends List - List your in-game names to play online! (Thanks to AnarchistUK for starting this one up)
    <LI>X-Fire Group - If you've got an X-Fire account then join! (Thanks to kenjara for setting this up)

-X-

Comments/suggestions welcome! This guide is not limited to just PVP/Skirmish games, if you want to recommend a guide for the campaign missions then let me know!

Make sure you check out the Settlers 7 – Wiki that ryanhnning has kindly set up, and if you have any useful info then get involved in it! It would be a shame to have less of a community in this game because people are having trouble with the basic economy!

*Side Note*
    If you don’t want your guide in here then just PM and I’ll take it out, also if you notice that I’ve put someone’s guide/ideas up without giving them credit then let me know, it’s not my intention to take any of the credit here, just to hopefully make it easier for people to improve.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As i said i TroWoelf's thread, this is just what i have been looking for.

Thanks for the effort. Will be watching this thread

You can add my trade trick - said at least ;p
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1083365/m/2381075648
    If I am what I have and if I lose what I have who then am I?

@Toxvaerd - The thanks is appreciated! Hopefully it can help a people to develop their gameplay, and maybe spark a few more discussions and strats for people to try!

@m0t0k0 - Thanks for the link, i've checked it out and added it as it's the first trade-based discussion i've seen so far. And it has started quite a lively discussion! Never a bad thing

K

I think it could be interesting to see some screens of a working city layout. I messed up the use of storehouses a few times, so it would be very helpfull to me, but others?

I added a saved game for players to download in my food boosting guide.

I can't see your save game on my list . I added it to:
    C:\Users\ja\Documents\Settlers7\Savegames
    And still, on my list there are only my save games. I wonder if it's possible to use sb's sg, since the whole DRM is strange and plays tricks.
    Is it autosave?

EDIT: LOL, I have deleted all my savegames from a folder and guess what? There are STILL on the list.

Toxvaerd - I think it could be interesting to see some screens of a working city layout. I messed up the use of storehouses a few times, so it would be very helpfull to me, but others?

@Toxvaerd - I think that would be an awesome idea actually (if it's feasible)... a sort of example city perhaps with overviews of the net resource outputs? I think I'd find that interesting as well. If anyone wants to do that I'd be more than happy to link it! I'm sure it'd be great on the Wiki as well.

icedude94 - I added a saved game for players to download in my food boosting guide.
    @icedude94 - That sounds like a great idea, will definately check that out when I have some time! (Side note: Do you know what folder to put the save file in to get it to work? I think that would be helpful for the less computer-literate players of the game. I don't mind doing it, but it won't be for the next couple of days...) Will add a mention about the save file on the index for you.

K

Originally posted by Kaluuja:
    Side note: Do you know what folder to put the save file in to get it to work?
    It won't work at all, since saved games are stored online .

Originally posted by Kaluuja:
    @Toxvaerd - I think that would be an awesome idea actually (if it's feasible)... a sort of example city perhaps with overviews of the net resource outputs? I think I'd find that interesting as well. If anyone wants to do that I'd be more than happy to link it! I'm sure it'd be great on the Wiki as well.
    The net resource, can that be seen somewhere in the game? Net resource is the total output right? (my english is not that well )

I learned a lot from the different strategies here, and it made a really big difference. I rolled right through mission 8 as military. Got FF running pretty good, and boosted some of the important resources. Worked really good.

I really appreciate all the knowledge i got here. I hated the game at mission 7, but now its great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast