Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Settlers 7 - Build Order/Strategies Index | Forums

Toxvaerd - The net resource, can that be seen somewhere in the game? Net resource is the total output right?
    @Toxvaerd - Yep that's basically the jist of what I meant by the net resource! To my knowledge there isn't anywhere in the game that shows you this information as you're going along. It's not difficult to work out though, but it would be handy if there was a chart somewhere with all this information on. I was thinking perhaps with suggested building set-ups, something similar to what icedude94 has done... but in a kind of chart. I think it would be really helpful... just a thought though. What do people think?

K
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before, even though probably has:

I was just wondering, Im at the point in campaign where im with dracorian (not sure if i spelled that right), so the question is - when one of the team mates research a technology does the other one gets it as well and if not then why. Also, why the heck is there no team trade and why cant i use the same trade routes my team mate have established?

The game is encouraging some type of team play yet it makes team mates fight each other as well as the enemy for best technology 's and trade routes. I for one think that all team should gain access to the technology researched by one and same goes for trade routes. That would lead to many strategy types and grate team play.

I somewhat see why it might not be there at the moment though.

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before, even though probably has:

I was just wondering, Im at the point in campaign where im with dracorian (not sure if i spelled that right), so the question is - when one of the team mates research a technology does the other one gets it as well and if not then why. Also, why the heck is there no team trade and why cant i use the same trade routes my team mate have established?

The game is encouraging some type of team play yet it makes team mates fight each other as well as the enemy for best technology 's and trade routes. I for one think that all team should gain access to the technology researched by one and same goes for trade routes. That would lead to many strategy types and grate team play.
    No sadly when a team mate researches something you do not get the benefit provided by that tech. Don't ask me why that isn't that case it just is.

Same goes for the trading post that your team mate sets up. Once it has been taken then there is no way to gain that route.

As for trading with your team player again no such luck in the department. It would have been nice to be able to trade resources through their export office using traders to go between them but Blue Byte seem to have not thought of it.

Hopefully we see a patch to allow some of these features and to encourage more team play. It would be good to have one person doing trade and another doing research would pay off big in the end.

*UPDATE*

Just Added a new link to the list. Zixonv has come up with a new rush tactic for the Miliary section... check it out guys, and give your opinions/thoughts on the thread!

Remember, any other tactics you want to submit/recommend, just hit me up with a PM and I'll stick the good ones on the list!

K

I would love for someone to explain how to work the upgrade buildings tree. For example, when I chose to upgrade the church, I cannot seem to get an unlock on the outpost stone rampart upgrade, or the military compound, neither the geologist. I realize you need a certain prestige level, but how far does one go in order to get these other upgrades. In other words, I think when one reaches a certain level of say 5, one should be able to upgrade his storage centers, church, trade bldg, and outposts, as well as military base. Is there a certain order to follow? If I want to get my church up fast, I have to bypass the street upgrade thereby losing the geolist, when I unlock the church, I miss the military post, thereby missing upgrading the post. Maybe I am confused, but would someone out there please explain how to reach these levels for me? I do appreciate it. Does it all depend on your choice of stragey?
    Also, would like to add to ubi, love your games, but hate that bubble that sets the bldgs. PLEASE lose it.

@midevilgranny: You can't bypass anything. You'll see that most of the time you end-up by upgrading almost everything, except for the building specific to a path.

Roads and geologist are important to everyone, so is the stone rampart and the house upgrades.

My strategy is to choose the middle options at the beginning to upgrade the building specific to your branch (military, tech or trade) as soon as possible.It helps you progress fast in one branch.

After that,I unlock roads and geologist. Geologist will give you plenty of stones, allowing you to create prestige objects and unlock easily the rest of the tree pretty fast.

my own Science strat : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...671012558#7671012558

Basically a guide how to get the annoying "We need more tools" announcements off your back

Feel free to rip it to shreads :P

These ideas of single paths are all interesting to read. I've got some great tips on starting up, thanks.

However!

I am yet to come up against anyone with a full on, single path tactic, that can come anywhere close to me.

Today I played a military player and a trade player. The military player and I fought over a third players territory. Player three died. Then the military player couldn't keep up the troops in a battle of attrician. I then steamrolled him with Cavaliers to his Pikemen.
    The trade player was different, he got the two trade points before we engaged. He then built up a massive army of Musketeers and they threw themselves onto my upgraded stone towers. I then cleaned up with cavaliers and cannons.

Once the timer finished, I had collected 9 victory points.

A troop is not a guy with a sword, its a horse and sword and fancy food.
    Likewise a gun isnt a piece of coal and a weapon. Its wheels, weapons, coal and fancy food.

Your well oiled lightening strike, may kill alot. But what do you do when it fizzles and you didnt fortify your way there? Balance yourself

Oh and BTW at the end of every match I have over 200 stone. I use this to buy fish

So, read the tips and get some really useful information, but dont invest too much in one thing or you'll just die.

Jumbles, what is you general strategy in that case?

The game is pretty balanced right now, it is not what they advertised, but it is even more fun than that.

I tell you a secret:
    You have to do all 3 ways paralell to win against the better players like me. This is how it should be, if you do more things play smarter -> you win.

Usually the trade office is the last I place, that is very much needed for endgame extra coins and food.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast