Thread: Participate for one of the next blogs! | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

In one of our earliest blogs we introduced you to a few of the leads on the team. You know the drill, it went a little something like this! It's about that time to introduce a few more people to you...

This time around let's try something a bit different. If you have any burning questions that we can pose to those selected to be in the next round of intros, please submit them here. <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Do not submit any Far Cry 2 related questions as they will not be answered in this particular blog.</span> Here's an example:

Good question: Did you finish Contra without using The Code?
    Bad question: How many weapons will be offered in the game?

So, have at it, submit those questions!

Twitter: @KimiMatsuzaki
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

In one of our earliest blogs we introduced you to a few of the leads on the team. You know the drill, it went a little something like this! It's about that time to introduce a few more people to you...

This time around let's try something a bit different. If you have any burning questions that we can pose to those selected to be in the next round of intros, please submit them here. <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Do not submit any Far Cry 2 related questions as they will not be answered in this particular blog.</span> Here's an example:

Good question: Did you finish Contra without using The Code?
    Bad question: How many weapons will be offered in the game?

So, have at it, submit those questions!

Hmm... Kinda confussed about what the questions are supposed to be since we are asking qeustions to game designers.. but we are not allowed to ask about games...

I will have ago...

( Dominic Guay, from the last blog... who appears to have a black eye)

Question One::
    How did Dominic Guay get his black eye?.. Maybe it happened after the team hit "Creative Differnences" and it ended badly for dominic? =P

Question Two::
    I was wondering what stuff the Art/Creative directors use for there inspiration... In one of the eariler blogs we saw the FC2 Team head out to affrica.

Not really sure if that is what you had in mind or not :S

What I mean is general questions and not questions about Far Cry 2 in particular that you are hoping to get answered because the information has not been released yet. They can certainly be game, game industry, game career related, just not the type of questions that you might have normally made a post here asking. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Daily routine of a game designer

Hm... Is their office anywhere near Jade Raymond from the Assassins Creed team?

Do they see her on a daily basis

Yeah i know... here comes the pc nerd

Why do americans/canadians call football "soccer" ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Kimi wrote:
    ...just not the type of questions that you might have normally made a post here asking...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Feel free to <STRIKE>pick</STRIKE> ignore any of these Kimi...

Question 1
    Whats better: Coke or Pepsi?

Question 2
    Who's harder: Chuck Norris or Robocop?

Question 3
    What makes you get out of bed in the morning? (eg: 'love going to work', 'money', 'the missus!', etc)

Question 4:
    Whats the best thing about working at Ubi? (your bosses will like to know this!)

The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just read the previews of FarCry 2. I'm disappointed. I would like to know the continuing story about the formula, the research, or whatever was in that book at the end of FarCry 1. FarCry 2 should be carrying the story from FarCry 1 forward. Not just be another bang bang shoot 'em up pass the time and explain nothing of what happened next game "sequel".

Here's what Louis-Pierre Pharand said in an interview:

"Our research with consumers showed that there was more interest in the earlier parts of Far Cry - the highly realistic parts where you were raiding mercenary encampments using planning, infiltration and then explosive action to win the fight," explains Louis-Pierre Pharand, Far Cry 2's producer.

"Many people seemed to feel the game suffered a bit with the introduction of the Trigens, and the fantastical story that they brought with them. We agreed."

Then go develope BattleField Africa for those people! And stop pretending what you're doing is a proper "sequel" to FarCry 1!!!

I just did my own research as to what people wanted in FarCry 2. I contacted hard core gamers around the world. They said what the first post said here in this thread in this forum:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/2341032775

Here's a typical comment, a quote from my research from a respondant:

"Aw gee, I hope they kept some mystery and story otherwise its going to be very 1 dimensional.
    Tactical shooter fire fights are fun, but its the depth of the plot and quality of the story that makes for a memorable game play experience and a desire to replay it again and again.

Some of the most immersive and challenging fights were against the trigen. I remember they were pretty scary too. I think one of the strengths of Far Cry was the way it included multiple styles of play, stealth, assault and corridor monsters. Sticking to 1 single style of play throughout a whole game will get boring fast as has been demonstrated heaps of times already."

Here's another response I received:

"Maybe its a hero complex but I like being the good guy stopping chaos and destruction of the world. Sure its cliche, but I like the madman taking over the world by mutant theme of Farcry 1, rescuing (sorta) the damsel and blowing up the madmans fortress. And of course you are left wondering what the Japanese had been doing there in the first place. I was hoping for a Trigen/Japanese secret expirement gone awry type theme for Farcry 2."

Your researchers really missed the boat. It was the mystery and the setting as well as the gameplay that made FarCry 1.

Mr. Louis-Pierre Pharand: You are a victim of faulty research. Who did your research and who were the respondants? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QFT