Thread: new map | Forums

hi guys

are there any talks of a new map/arena,or is there maybe already a new one and i just dont know about it?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hi guys

are there any talks of a new map/arena,or is there maybe already a new one and i just dont know about it?

No new map. I don't think any new maps are expected anytime soon either. I think the next version - Black Shark 1.2 - has beefed up map features but it will be the same area of operations.

It's an interesting area of opeations.
    If you havent done so already you should take the Crimea Tour and the Caucasus Tour missions and have a good look around.
    Crimea Tour (updated)

No new maps as they are very labour intensive. I recall reading that the Lockon map (updating the Crimea part from Flanker 2.5 plus adding the Caucasus part) was over two man years of effort.

But it seems that Black Shark may be adding a bit more map - extending the Georgia part of the map down to the Turkish border.

Hey WhiskeyRomeo - thanks for promoting my Tours Over 3,500 D/L's (all sites) of them so far.

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

yea it was mentioned over at lockon.ru that 1.2 will bring some more areas like Georgia and the Turkish border, not sure if it will be added due to time. I guess we will just have to wait and see.