Thread: Expansion Packs | Forums

Sorry if this is really obvious question but what are the expansion packs for URU ?
    I have "URU ages beyond Myst." on an old CD rom. What is still available to download ? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

There are two Expansion Packs for original Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.
    -- Expansion Pack 1 is To D'ni.
    -- Expansion Pack 2 is Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell (PotS).

The PotS Expansion Pack also includes To D'ni.

You can get the To D'ni Expansion Pack by itself. However, you must download To D'ni, because it's not available for purchase separately on a CD. Download from:
    -- GamersHell.com (urutodni.zip, about 174 MB)

I **strongly** recommend getting To D'ni and Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell together on disc.
    -- a. Buy Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell. Both Expansion Packs on one CD.
    -- b. Buy Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles. Two CD's, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst on one CD and PotS on the other CD.
    -- c. Buy on eBay.

NOTE: If you install either Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles or Uru: The Path of the Shell, do NOT install the Version 1.2 patch. Everything in the patch is already included and installing the patch will result in problems!
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Thank you for the information. Sometimes when a forum has been running for a long time, its hard to come in as a new member because everything basically was said years ago. Thats what FAQ are for I guess - but I cant find anything obvious - sorry.
    Can you tell me if URU live still exists ?
    I just tried to create an account at http://mystonline.com/en/ but it said "experiencing technical difficulties"

Originally posted by Xatabay:
    Can you tell me if URU live still exists ?
    I just tried to create an account at http://mystonline.com/en/ but it said "experiencing technical difficulties"
    Your above URL is not the right one for creating an account.
    Try this one from the upper PLAY tab:
    https://account.mystonline.com/CreateAccount.aspx

Cyan is quite under staff these days and it is possible that their servers could be in trouble because it is a weekend.

Another possibility is that your browser is blocking your transaction because of security risks (re: https url)

Common Problems at Mystonline and How To Solve Them...click here

Your user name for creating an account should be your email address.

Try the Cyan site and to get the free version of the Online Uru Live (Now called MO:ULa) with everything plus some other new stuff... click here

For Cyan's forums (and a lot of extra infos can be found in the six tabs at the top of the page...click here

I tried again. It said
    ACCOUNT SIGNUP

An error occurred while trying to create your account. Below you will find the details of the error:

This service is currently experiencing difficulties, please try again later.
    If you need to reset your password please visit the Password Recovery Page.

If you need assistance, please contact support@cyan.com and reference this error.

I have posted this on the Mystonline forums. Lets see if someone knows the answer !
    Click Here

Worst comes to worst..contact Cyan's support(different registration needed)...click here

I have received an answer from a Mystonline moderator:
    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Fife
    From the description they gave, it's difficult to tell exactly what the problem is, but it's likely to be a side effect of the mailer problems that we see here very often when submitting posts or PMs: The emails from the signup service go through the same cyanworlds.com mail server as the forum emails do, if I recall correctly. So, that may just be the account creation service's way of saying that it couldn't send the email.

The user can try again, but if the email has been registered in the database after the first attempt, it'll likely get rejected as already being in use. If they've got access to another email address, they could also try that, but I think that you've already given the poster the best advice - raise a ticket at http://support.cyanworlds.com
    If you raise a ticket at Cyan's support, it would be a good idea to include a copy of your above post re:
    ACCOUNT SIGNUP

An error occurred while trying to create your account. Below you will find the details of the error:

This service is currently experiencing difficulties, please try again later.
    If you need to reset your password please visit the Password Recovery Page.

If you need assistance, please contact support@cyan.com and reference this error.

Heimdall_G Posted 12-17-11 02:14 PM

There are two Expansion Packs for original Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.
    -- Expansion Pack 1 is To D'ni.
    -- Expansion Pack 2 is Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell (PotS).

If I understand your post right, then the Original Uru: Ages Beyond Myst 2004 released stand alone game with the optional Online game to play I purchased progressed with. . .
    The v1.2 Patch DATE: 03.24.04 [19.6 MB] and later online content TO D'NI Expansion Pack 1 download and available Cyan FREE CD and then the . . . Path of the Shell download Expansion Pack 2 followed by the . . .

Storebox Release of URU The Path of the Shell containing the Original Uru: Ages Beyond Myst & v1.2 patch and TO D'NI content and later the . . .

Storebox Release of MYST URU Complete Chronicles Path of the Shell 2 CD set.

Explorers have these 3 options to play single MYST URU game. Yes?

Oh right, where can we get a copy of the Path of the Shell download Expansion Pack 2 at?

Jahmen Myst
    Last edited by jfcrum; 05-03-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Q. Explorers have these 3 options to play single MYST URU game.
    A. Yes, if by "these three options" you mean the combination of original Uru, To D'ni, and The path of the Shell - aka Uru: Complete Chronicles.

Q. Oh right, where can we get a copy of the Path of the Shell download Expansion Pack 2 at?
    A. Try a Google search for "The Path of the Shell download".
    Last edited by Heimdall_G; 10-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi