Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is just plain stupid | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I picked up this game 2 days ago, all excited like everyone else, hoping to finally get a flight sim with the hopes of really geting into it, and what happens, my worst fear, it's screwed up, it really is a shame that Ubi would release a flight simulator with so many problems in the beginning, it should be against the law, almost everyone of the threads I've read are from people who have high end systems that should not be having any problems at all, video cards that are up to date, drivers up to date, descent sound cards, heck, it's not like this hardware just popped up in the last few months, they've been working on this sim for a while now, and for this to be a product of someone's hard work is unexceptable to us the consumer, and the sad part is you can't even get your money back. Anyway I just needed to vent, I'd been waiting for this game to come out for atleast a year....hope they fix this thing soon.
    K7 mother board
    AMD 2200 cpu
    Audigy gamer sound card
    Klipse 5.1 speakers
    512 DDR Ram
    21" Monitor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I picked up this game 2 days ago, all excited like everyone else, hoping to finally get a flight sim with the hopes of really geting into it, and what happens, my worst fear, it's screwed up, it really is a shame that Ubi would release a flight simulator with so many problems in the beginning, it should be against the law, almost everyone of the threads I've read are from people who have high end systems that should not be having any problems at all, video cards that are up to date, drivers up to date, descent sound cards, heck, it's not like this hardware just popped up in the last few months, they've been working on this sim for a while now, and for this to be a product of someone's hard work is unexceptable to us the consumer, and the sad part is you can't even get your money back. Anyway I just needed to vent, I'd been waiting for this game to come out for atleast a year....hope they fix this thing soon.
    K7 mother board
    AMD 2200 cpu
    Audigy gamer sound card
    Klipse 5.1 speakers
    512 DDR Ram
    21" Monitor

XyZspineZyX
    ebaydeals,
    First off welcome.

Now, try to calm down and follow me here. I have a P4 2 gig 9700pro based system here. I have no issues at all with LOMAC. This is true with quite a few others also. See what I'm getting at? All systems are different. It is quite hard to get a piece of software optimised to run no problems on all the different combos available in PC's not to mention home builts like mine. Please post your issues and let us the community try to help you along with the Devs and the producers. Swallow the frustration and get to posting and let's have a go at this
    Again,
    Welcome to the forums!

XyZspineZyX
    What seems to be the norm with alot of the software Giants Including UBI.Instead of hiring inhouse testers or conducting a real beta test. They rely of webmaster's who are going to praise their product instead of actually testing the simulation out.
    The real testing falls on the laps of those who go out and buy the game. Not those who got a free copy. Then we have to await for patch after patch to finally they get it right. And by that time a new simulation is out. And everyone has moved onto something else

XyZspineZyX
    Erm.... maybe you should state what problems you actually have? Sounds a good place to start.

MOG

yes, complaining doesn't help, posting problems does.

post your system specs, a detailed explanation of the problem and your dxdiag is a great start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Raven Shield/Lock On Forums Moderator
    "It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see... over the development of Lock On I have had it running great on the following systems:

P3 500 TNT2

P4 1.8 Gf3 Ti500

P4 1.8 GF4 Ti4600

P4 1.8 9700 pro

P4 3.0 9800 Pro

SB live/SB Audigy/Integrated 3D Max

512 RDRAM/768 RDRAM/1 Gig DDR

A Clean install of Win XP and up to date drivers at the Gold announcement is a must.

Known as Stinger in a past Flanker exisitence...

Known as "Stinger" in a past Flanker existence.
    Eagle Dynamics Beta Team

XyZspineZyX
    Reply To Vancelee
    Hello and good day to you. I had to get another user name and password to post again, I'm not sure what happened with my initial log in info. The problem I'm having is similiar to others, low FPS, no sound at cetain portions of the flight, I can get the sim to fly but because of the low FPS it just takes the enjoyment away. My system lines up with there requirements and then some: K7400 motherboaed, AMD x2200 or 1800mhz cpu, mactor 200gb HD (fraged last night), 21" IBM monitor, Klipse 5.1 speakers, 512 333 DDR ram, Audigy Gamer 2 sound card, the latest Nvidia drivers (53.03), I changed my page file to 2gb after reading a thread here, I still get chopping and low FPS, I did think of reformating my hard drive and starting alll over from scratch since I have alot of stuff on my PC but decided not to because I have alot of important programs I can't reinstall....anyway thanks for the concern, I fell that I'll be waiting for a patch like most folks.

-
    -
    -

-

Message Edited on 11/22/03 07:36PM by mydogtubby

Message Edited on 11/22/0307:37PM by mydogtubby

please post your dxdiag. Go to run and type dxdiag. Then save it as a txt file. Then post the whole text on the forum.

Raven Shield/Lock On Forums Moderator
    "It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ

XyZspineZyX
    Also what Video Card are you running and what settings do you have the sim at?

Dusty Rhodes

<font color="#FF6600">100th AFW Buddy Boys</font></font>

AMD XP 2700, ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB w/3.7 drivers, 1 GIG PC 3200 RAM, Win XP Home, HOTAS Cougar with CH Pro Pedals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast