Thread: This is just plain stupid | Forums

yes, complaining doesn't help, posting problems does.

post your system specs, a detailed explanation of the problem and your dxdiag is a great start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Raven Shield/Lock On Forums Moderator
    "It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Let's see... over the development of Lock On I have had it running great on the following systems:

P3 500 TNT2

P4 1.8 Gf3 Ti500

P4 1.8 GF4 Ti4600

P4 1.8 9700 pro

P4 3.0 9800 Pro

SB live/SB Audigy/Integrated 3D Max

512 RDRAM/768 RDRAM/1 Gig DDR

A Clean install of Win XP and up to date drivers at the Gold announcement is a must.

Known as Stinger in a past Flanker exisitence...

Known as "Stinger" in a past Flanker existence.
    Eagle Dynamics Beta Team

please post your dxdiag. Go to run and type dxdiag. Then save it as a txt file. Then post the whole text on the forum.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
    Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ

well the company has no control over the condition of the computer/software that it is being installed on. Bad drivers, software, devices, spyware, viruses, etc all can effect other pieces of software. Since there is no way to assertain the condition a fresh install is the only realistic thing to suggest.

Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ

ToeTagged wrote:
    - A clean install of XP is a must ? Seems a little
    - extreme. If you ask me its not very realistic to
    - expect a customer to do a fresh install of his/her
    - operating system to play a game.

I agree...

I didn't say a "re-install", I said a clean install.

Known as Stinger in a past Flanker exisitence...

Known as "Stinger" in a past Flanker existence.
    Eagle Dynamics Beta Team

mydogtubby, are the same person as ebaydeals? Because I have no idea what your problems are. Dxdiag is nice, but not have a detailed description of the problem or error messages doesn't help.

Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ

Ok, the only thing I can suggest is get the latest 50 series dets for your FX card.

As for you disapointment, what are your fps like? ED has been very upfront that the graphics engine for LOMAC is very demanding and will tax any system with everything set to max detail. A few tweaks with the graphics settings can get decent fps and a good image quality with it.

Raven Shield FAQ
    LOMAC FAQ