Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this interview bother anyone else? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I disagree with almost everything he says. They won’t let us kill civilians. I myself like the thought and aim put into each shot to insure that civilians are not shot.

Beland goes on to say that he wants the new Splinter Cell to be more approachable because 50% of players stopped playing after the second level on Double Agent. I’m sure that it’s not because of the difficulty level I’m sure we have all played the first two Splinter Cells now they are difficult. People probably stopped playing Double Agent on the second level because of how bad/different the new maps were... daylight missions or the fact the prison mission is so unbelievable.

Then the interview asks about the game being very reminiscent of Jason Bauer, this is where I was upset. Beland says the idea is like Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne, James Bond - they're all heroes that are not superheroes, and they all fit in a civilian world, and that's what they were looking for Sam Fisher. Sam was a way more believable character than these three in all the games before Double Agent the feats Sam preformed were realistic but it gets worse. Beland then comments on how he doesn’t like Sam’s wetsuit and that Sam looks like Batman. Who does Beland think he is?

If you want to read the clean version of the interview page two, post five, LaurenIs8oMosh posted a clean version.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Reason for edit: Link removed - all linked sites must not have content that violates Ubi forum guidelines (including language). If you can find a "clean" version, feel free to repost.</span>
    The reasons I started in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have no idea who he thinks he is, but he is most definitely NOT a person that should be left in charge of a Splinter Cell game.

Sure, change had to come to the gameplay to keep it fresh, but I'm totally against this complete franchise outlook overhaul that Beland is shooting for.

It doesn't fit what Splinter Cell is about in my mind at all.

Love this quote. It really sums up for me, what Splinter Cell is about

It's also about having a nice progression and variety in the gameplay. Like the mark and execute. I mean, we could make an entire level that's very easy. One guy who's not looking at you, you kill, you gain the execute, two other guys not looking at you, mark mark, you kill them. The whole game could be like that. But then as you go maybe there's gonna be three guys and you only have two marks but there's an explosive barrel. So you can really build a nice progression.

The player learns, and feels smart - because it's a Tom Clancy game and they need to think.
    And also this:

And of course on Xbox, you get the stats on Live. Do you get to see how many people finished the last Splinter Cell??
    ?
    Yes I do. And it's not - I would not be happy. I would not be happy if we got that for Conviction. I am not sure if that is data I can give you, but it's not good. I've seen games... games that 50% of players stop playing after the second map. I'm not going to name names, but think about it. If the game has ten maps, and people don't finish the second map, it's like having a two-hour movie and people leave after fifteen minutes. Can you imagine?
    What Beland might not realise is that alot of people who are online gamers bought DA for SvM. Most of my old SvM buddies were not particularly interested in the single player AT ALL, but instead were buying the game simply for it's multiplayer aspect.

But yes, the single player of DA (360) did itself no favors with its first 2-3 levels. They were terrible. The only reason I played on was because I was an avid Splinter Cell fan.

"I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"

In this interview, Beland says, "easy would mean you could just like run and shoot anybody and we don't do that."

Which is directly opposite of game footage where they have engaged in extensive firefights inside the mansion and of what Beland has said in past interviews, to the effect of, "or you can walk through the front door and just shoot everybody."

It's a good thing Beland gives such straight and consistent answers! I'm definitely not confused thanks to him!
    Does this interview bother anyone else?
    Yes, please!

Go and Google Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and look at the images. You're going to see some images of Sam, he looks as if he could be in the same world as Batman. He's wearing that ****ing wetsuit and he's super-built, and the rain and the goggles, and you look at him and you think he could be in the Batmobile with Batman.

Apparently a former Navy SEAL turned secret agent for the NSA with some muscles is out of the realm of reality. A man wearing goggles in the rain? That totally screams "Batman"! Well at least now Sam can ride shotgun in James Bond's Aston Martin as they look for the killers of their wife/daughter.

we needed a Sam that people could relate to. Like he could be an uncle or an older brother.
    People can relate to a guy who smashes a guys skull on a urinal, throws men out of windows, has superhuman speed, and doesn't make a sound when he's crouched.

Although I guess I shouldn't expect much from a guy who feels the need to curse in a professional interview.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

um...u do know that like...80% of professional interviews, ppl swear in them..in fact, Keith David in his interview on Gamespot today swears too..but I guess ppl arent allowed to swear..or do u just like to make little digs at ppl whenever u can? coz really thats all these posts are these days, just digs at the game devs. Coz what alot of ppl dont realise is that at the end of the day..Splinter Cell is a game, most ppl on here seem to be making it out to be more than that

Supporter of Maxime, Alex and the SCC Team

Originally posted by Pacer1988:
    um...u do know that like...80% of professional interviews, ppl swear in them..in fact, Keith David in his interview on Gamespot today swears too..but I guess ppl arent allowed to swear..or do u just like to make little digs at ppl whenever u can? coz really thats all these posts are these days, just digs at the game devs. Coz what alot of ppl dont realise is that at the end of the day..Splinter Cell is a game, most ppl on here seem to be making it out to be more than that
    Your missing the point. Ubisoft is going the way of EA and completely abandoning its fan-base. Beland's language is just a reflection on how detached he is from his target audience. Everything I have seen and heard has disappointed me.

Originally posted by Pacer1988:
    80% of professional interviews, ppl swear in them
    Beland has used the F-bomb in several interviews quite casually. It's grossly unprofessional, and quite lame in my opinion.
    do u just like to make little digs at ppl whenever u can? coz really thats all these posts are these days, just digs at the game devs.
    No more than he likes to take digs at Chaos Theory. When you're put in charge of a Splinter Cell game and you take a dump on previous Splinter Cell entries and Sam Fisher, any and all criticism you receive is your own fault.

Originally posted by mynameismyself:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OriginaLoki:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game...lchaostheory?q=chaos theory

enough said...
    Actually:

http://www.metacritic.com/game...ll?q=splinter%20cell

http://www.metacritic.com/game...q=pandora%20tomorrow

http://www.metacritic.com/game...lchaostheory?q=chaos

is enough said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://www.metacritic.com/game...doubleagent?q=double agent

I'll do you one better...

Improved graphics and a departure from the core gameplay certainly didn't improve Double Agent's scores.

Enough said?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast