Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Requests Thread | Forums

OH YEAH! and make pistols play a bigger role this time around.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hi there like only 2 main things i would like for to work and thats that they make shotgun not be able to shoot from one side of the map to the other so make them more realistic and also that when u use the silencer that it works better because right now when u use it most of the time it does nothing when there is more the one guy around i can get it sort of when there looking that they know ur there but not right where u are, but when there not looking it should leave them not know ur there at all oh and um i remembered that there is 3 things and number 3 is that they dont alway know right where u are all the time just round about where when u make nose
    Last edited by StrikerZ61; 02-19-2012 at 12:07 AM.

people it's good having unlocks as u have something to work too and keep more people playing and also it's not like the gun have mager diffs anyway so real waht gun use is not what got u killed

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerZ61 View Post
    people it's good having unlocks as u have something to work too and keep more people playing and also it's not like the gun have mager diffs anyway so real waht gun use is not what got u killed
    Unlocks of weapons is NOT good. All it does is give more experienced players even more to kill the less experienced players with and cause some to quit playing. No matter how much the devs claim an unlocked weapon isn't better than a starter weapon, that is almost never true and even if it were, the unlocked weapon is probably better under certain situations otherwise nobody would care to unlock it.

The ONLY acceptable things to unlock would be visual things that do not affect gameplay at all. Things like ranks and perhaps shoulder patches or certain minor uniform modifications that do not affect stats would be ok. Keep player team camo colors identical to their team mates though. We don't need non-matching gangs of mercenaries, we need real teams that have a similar color/camo pattern look without needing coins magically floating over player's heads to tell them apart.

You know I actually didn't mind the mismatching of uniforms in the previous Rainbow Six games mostly because you actually had to think about who and what you were shooting at (especially if friendly fire was on, hoooooboy, fun times) and it encourages communication between players as well as individuality. If you want matching uniforms, get your buddies together, form a team and agree on the cameo you're going to use. Granted, the magical coin was a bit annoying and aiming over someone to have that green X come up or even have your person raise their gun (Holding it barrel up and close to the body) would be enough to indicate friendlies. People who complain about how "unrealistic" it is to have indicators such as coins floating over heads or names or anything like that. You have literally no ground to stand on as the ground you're *****ing about is virtual. It's a video game. Shooting other people and then having them come back to life somewhere else in the map which has no exits and is a little arena setting is about as unrealistic as it gets. You're complaining about the very foundation that allows you to do these sorts of things. If you want to be able to shoot people with matching uniforms to indicate your buddies, no magical tokens and no health regen: Go join The Army. I promise, you will get no respawns, no health regen and matching uniforms with your pals.

Unlockable weapons are a pain in the backside no matter how you look at them. On the one side you have to unlock higher tier weapons which puts more experienced players at a seniority advantage over new players with superior weaponry. You also have a goal, a reason to keep playing the game. To unlock that next awesome gun that looks so cool. On the other hand, everyone has every weapon unlocked and everyone can use everything to start... what's the point of playing? You lack any discernible goal other than to get the next pretty outfit which doesn't affect your gameplay at all.

I'd also like to nullify any arguments people would like to give about unlockable weapons being unfair with the following: I am a long time veteran of Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 where unlocking weapons was a massive pain either way. What did I do? I learned how to use one of the starter rifles (G36C specifically which is arguably one of the worst rifles in the game) and back when I was playing R6V1/2, I made MvP lots because I developed the ability to use it better than any of the later unlocks. So anyone who says that better equipment trumps skill can eat it. Eat what you ask? I dunno.

I'd also like to point out: The people that quit games because the more experienced players are killing them over and over again with guns they don't have are usually the twelve year olds or the dipsticks who don't have the time or patience to learn the curve of the game and don't belong in a tactical shooter to begin with. I liked Vegas 2's three category unlockable system (Where the more of one sort of combat you did, the weapons you got for it were more specialized) and I hope they expand on that to make it more in depth rather than just three categories.

Some thing I would like to see is the ability to play a female character for both the story and multiplayer, preferably with the two crossing over because I loved R6V2's storyline where I was playing my character; Bishop, who could be male or female and then playing online as the same character. Made me feel like I was actually involved with the story as much as I was with the multiplayer. The reason I say female character specifically is because I'm a girl gamer (inb4therearenogirlsontheinternet&picsoritdidnthap pen) and it's refreshing to see tactical shooters like Rainbow Six to cater to a minority like myself.

Gameplay changes I would like to see are line of sight going both ways (ie: Players who hugged a wall around a corner and were able to shoot "through" the wall because their crosshair made it over the edge but they physically didn't) and a bit of a smoother cover system akin to that of Gears of War or Mass Effect so my game didn't pause in the middle of a firefight to consider whether I wanted to take cover in one spot versus the other. Also more fluid grenade throwing, the issue I had with tossing grenades from cover in R6V2 is the person that was doing the tossing didn't seem to act like they were being shot at, at all. Their pace was more suited to someone taking a stroll through the park, riding their bicycle or maybe deciding whether they wanted a latte or a mocha from Starschmuck's. I dunno about you but were I getting shot at, pulling the pin on a grenade and hucking it over the cover I'm making myself as small as I can behind, I would be "Oh**** oh**** oh****, *Quickly tosses over cover after taking only a second to look at where I'm throwing*" So really it boils down to combat being more fluid and less predictably clunky, it should be a surprise when I duck out from cover to shoot or throw a grenade at someone.

I'm just gonna go ahead and respond to some of the stuff I've seen in here because I find it hilarious/ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Aj6627 View Post
    Also, I would request that they cancel the game and sell off the franchise (minus the Clancy name) to a developer/publisher that would actually care about fans more than money if they plan on trying to copy CoD/BF/Halo.
    Keep in mind that the reason people keep making clones of CoD/HALO/BF is because the three companies that make these games has found something that works and it's on us as the gaming community to tell the game devs that we don't want that, we want something else. These people have found a formula that works and sells games (not saying it's right) and they are in business to make money. You're delusional if you think Ubisoft is making this game out of the goodness of their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pest_AWC View Post
    15) No Weapon Unlocks! (New and old players should be on even playfield - only real skill should matter)
    Only real skill does matter, weapon unlocks are just a goal for some or an achievement to others. For me? I find a gun I really like, starter or not, and then I use it to perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by phobia_x View Post
    In regards to Multiplayer:

Remove the grenade indicator
    Simply put, the addition to of the indicator takes away from the game more than it adds. Part of playing a game, and the reason I buy them, is to play inside of the virtual environment. That involves spatial awareness, sounds, and the general game dynamics. Let the me, the user, employ these when I play the game as opposed to holding my hand and telling me. It feels as though the game is playing me.
    To sum it up, let the player play. It's part of the learning curve.
    I agree with this to a point. I think it should be an optional handicap for those who want to challenge themselves. Having a grenade indicator is great for learning the new maps and for new players, lets them know they're having **** thrown at them that explodes. I would disable grenade indicators voluntarily if given the option but I think others should be allowed that crutch if they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by FatePrice View Post
    OH YEAH! and make pistols play a bigger role this time around.
    The validity of this request is both very solid and very transparent. It would be nice if they implemented some sort of game mode where handguns were the only firearm provided but that's really the only way you can make a sidearm any part of the combat aspect of the game. Realistically speaking, our folks wouldn't even be armed with pistols if we followed a traditional military arming protocol. People who don't have very combat oriented jobs are the ones armed with pistols because there's no sense in having them carrying rifles but soldiers aren't given side arms because that's extra weight they have to carry and there's no point. Side arms play a very little role in actual firefight combat despite what hollywood makes us think. Pistols do make a great "O****" solution if the ammo to your primary is spent and all your explosives used up but that's all they're really there for.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerZ61 View Post
    hi there like only 2 main things i would like for to work and thats that they make shotgun not be able to shoot from one side of the map to the other so make them more realistic and also that when u use the silencer that it works better because right now when u use it most of the time it does nothing when there is more the one guy around i can get it sort of when there looking that they know ur there but not right where u are, but when there not looking it should leave them not know ur there at all oh and um i remembered that there is 3 things and number 3 is that they dont alway know right where u are all the time just round about where when u make nose
    I don't know which game you were playing but very rarely was I ever killed or even hit from more than twenty feet away in Rainbow Six because I believe that is a shotgun's effective range. I don't know specifically because all I know about shotguns is what I've learned from video games but I'm fairly certain they're capable of ranges beyond ten or twenty feet. As for silencers... please read this article, first one on the list. Silencers don't make a gunshot a silent whisper that nobody nearby can hear. It more or less makes the gunshot less audible to further away folks (ie: a mile away or something like that) so forty bajillion guys don't come down on your head. But if the dude next to you gets shot with a gun that has a silencer, you'd be able to tell he was getting shot and not just falling over of a heart attack.

That all being said I'd like to make a request of the community and not the game devs, though I doubt anyone will listen...

Quit complaining about a game that isn't even out yet!

Seriously guys, this is just ridiculous. Seeing threads and posts and all sorts of stuff about how people are writing off the game because of how terrible the last games were, how it's going to be like CoD or how it's going to suck, blah blah blah. Shut the hell up, we've been given a teaser that reveals very little if anything about the game, for all we know it could have ninja panda bears as squad mates. Shut. Up. Especially those of you who claim you're going to be "boycotting" the game (ie: *****ing about a game and refusing to buy it until they hear about how fun it is and slink off to a store to buy it and OMG it's actually fun and they knew it all along), the lot of you folks complaining about the game that's not even out yet with any gameplay footage need to get your heads out of your own backsides. Thank you very much.

Anyways, that's my feedback on the thread, hope it's not too obnoxious or anything.
    Last edited by Villainous_Muse; 02-24-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Welcome to the forums Villainouse Muse, it is nice to see someone with an opinion that can express it well.

I'll try to address a few of your points that I may not agree with from the standpoint of someone that has played all of the Rainbow Six games from the beginning and is familiar with the Clancy books that games were supposed to be based on. Much of what you said was pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Villainous_Muse
    If you want matching uniforms, get your buddies together, form a team and agree on the cameo you're going to use.
    Wouldn't it be 1000 times easier if the server had the option that every other FPS game has to have a team's uniform colors and camo pattern match? I have never seen a team sport or combat situation where the teams didn't match and I assume there is a reason for that. If you want a different color and camo then save that for Free-For-All match where everyone shoots everyone.

Go join The Army. I promise, you will get no respawns, no health regen and matching uniforms with your pals.
    That's a little over the top isn't it? I understand some games are less/more realistic than others. On a scale of 1(unrealistic) to 10 (realistic as a computer sim could be) I would say Halo is around a 3, Call Of Duty is around a 5, Vegas is around a 6(because of working doors), Ravenshield and Rogue Spear were around an 8, and America's Army is around a 10. All I want from future R6 titles is for it to be more around the 8 or at least have a hardcore mode to bring it to that level. I don't want real blood spewing from my arteries. I don't even need realistic bullet drop or sitting an hour on a hill waiting for a shot. Thanks, though.

You also have a goal, a reason to keep playing the game. To unlock that next awesome gun that looks so cool.
    Why do you need a goal of unlocking something to keep playing a game? This is a completely new thing to gaming that just makes up for poor programming and lack of good game mechanics. People played games like Ravenshield for years without unlocks (and still are). New games suffer from lack of tools to allow user created maps and mods that keep a game fresh. What non-computer game or sport did you need "unlocks" to keep people playing if it was enjoyable and competetive to start with? None! The thrill of every game/situation turning out differently was more than enough.

Quit complaining about a game that isn't even out yet!

No...we are very lucky this time to know about this game before the code is final. We will take every opportunity to tell the devs what we like and don't like based on the information they have revealed. If you read the threads, you will see they have revealed a bunch. See my thread here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ated-12-1-2011

We don't need another "Vegas 2 Fiasco" where they finally give in and release a hardcore mode in the third patch only to have it fail to work after one round on the PC version...and then NEVER BE FIXED!

We want this game correct on release day. UBI has a horrible track record for fixing games after release, so we won't fall for that again.

-Room clearing should be fluid and have more player involvment then RSV2.
    -multiple teams should be able to be controled, and "Go-on-zulu" should be reintroduced.
    -weapon sounds should be much more accurate then previous games.
    -control over defult player speed in single player
    -hostage rescue mode along with terrorest hunt. w. control over ammount of enimies and AI.
    -more realistic AI. not super-AI like RSV2.

I don't want real blood spewing from my arteries. I don't even need realistic bullet drop or sitting an hour on a hill waiting for a shot. Thanks, though.
    I believe that bullet drop should be in every game that uses human like weapons, even games like Halo (alien weapons would lose its energy & dissipate at a certain range for the sake of balance). You at least won't have to worry about getting hit with a 9mm pistol from 300 miles away. Its not just about being realistic, its common sense.

Why do you need a goal of unlocking something to keep playing a game? This is a completely new thing to gaming that just makes up for poor programming and lack of good game mechanics. People played games like Ravenshield for years without unlocks (and still are). New games suffer from lack of tools to allow user created maps and mods that keep a game fresh. What non-computer game or sport did you need "unlocks" to keep people playing if it was enjoyable and competetive to start with? None! The thrill of every game/situation turning out differently was more than enough.
    After playing BF3, I agree with this 100%. All perks will do is make the game totally uneven. The team with all or the most perks unlocked is the team with the advantage. If anything, its more like cheating because you never win fair & square.

Quote Originally Posted by FatePrice View Post
    -Room clearing should be fluid and have more player involvment then RSV2.
    -multiple teams should be able to be controled, and "Go-on-zulu" should be reintroduced.
    -weapon sounds should be much more accurate then previous games.
    -control over defult player speed in single player
    -hostage rescue mode along with terrorest hunt. w. control over ammount of enimies and AI.
    -more realistic AI. not super-AI like RSV2.
    Based on what has already been said about the game, I don't think there will be multiple teams available. It seems that you will still only have one squad like in Vegas, this of course can still change as the game is still early in development.

call for david sears and the other men to return to their positions!

The more I play Vegas 2, the more I realize that the enemies seem to have head-seeking bullets. They can sprint towards me and fire two or three rounds straight into my face. This needs to be remedied, though this could be their way to make realistic "realistic(?)."

They also seem to know where I am immediately if I fire from 50 meters away with a silenced weapon from behind cover. It's a rather impressive ability. I still prefer this over the old Splinter Cell AI that would stand there going "huh? What's going on?" when you miss or go flick a light switch for five minutes after you shoot out a light. If you can't fix the AI without dumbing it down, just leave them super observational with a robotic, infrared and x-ray optic with auto targeting capabilities.

Different type of ammo for shotties would be nice. Bucks, slugs, and bird shot would suffice.

Rifle ****-strokes and/or pistol whips.

If you're gonna have the FN P90, be aware that the ammo was specifically designed to go through body armor. So many game producers don't realize this and I would imagine Tom Clancy would be embarrassed if people thought he didn't know this.

Make frag rounds realistic - at least in single-player / co op. A frag grenade WILL clear one or two rooms in most houses. The ball bearings easily go through walls. Even in the military we're told not to frag and clear unless the walls or made of stone or we having something more than wood to get behind. And hell, on realistic, make the bearings go through walls and kill you, too.

40 MM grenade launchers. Don't just give them HEDP rounds either, but also smoke grenades and those awesome smoke-bangs which create the same thing as a flashbang on impact, followed by thick smoke. No need to stay generic! Also, give the enemy these, too. These will be perfect for room clearing and hostage rescuing. Forget opening a door; fire a smokebang through the window and go in.

Infrared goggles for seeing through clothing for weapons (cotton is transparent to IR). I can excuse not doing this, though as polyester which makes a lot of modern clothing, is not transparent to IR. If Ubi does go this route, though, it's important to note that glass shows up as opaque on IR.

Bipods for machine guns in case you need to hold ground in a fatal funnel.

And please, give the enemy frags and room clearing tactics. It is far too easy to just sit down in a hallway for a fatal funnel and kill terrorist after terrorist in terrorist hunt.
    I would like to see the use of vehicles, though I would certainly not be disappointed if there were none.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast