Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Requests Thread | Forums

Lets compile a list of things that we want to see in RB6P. This list could serve as basis for developers to see what we want so they can get the whole "open communication" thing started early like they said they want to. I'll try to update this list to keep a running list as well as designate which requests seem the most popular. Have at it!

UPDATE: PUT DAVID SEARS AND THE OTHER GUYS BACK IN THEIR POSITIONS OR AT LEAST EXPLAIN WHY THE OBVIOUSLY MOST TALENTED, MOTIVATED PEOPLE WERE REASSIGNED!

Community Requests
    GENERAL REQUESTS
    -more than one weapon attachment if applicable
    -no forced around cover camera like RB6V(2)
    -complex squad commands
    -make this a TACTICAL game (this isn't COD or MOH it's RB6, don't forget that)
    -the planning stage (pre-mission)
    -intelligent AI (did good on SCC so keep at it)
    -cinematic camera effects while moving (look at games like Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising and Red River)
    -gunsmith?
    -voice commands (like Endwar)
    -control of multiple squads
    -Map editor/creator
    -Mod support/SDK
    -lean and prone abilities
    -Hardcore mode without health regeneration, third person cover view, health regeneration, respawns, grenade indicators, aim assist, “Instinct Icons”, Room Scanners (without some type of countermeasure), or any other unrealistic crutches being forced on us.
    -Footprints in snow/sand/mud or when walking over wet areas that eventually disappear
    -Post launch support
    -Increased variety in map architecture
    -No dual primaries
    -A bit of stealth (not like sneaking around but having that tactical feeling ie: using suppressors to take guys out, trying to not go loud and proud, remember in the novel the Support guy only used his MG once in the whole book! Remember that, suppressed weapons should be your babies!)
    -Terrorist Hunt (but preferably without the "trigger" spawn of V/V2, spawn all enemies from the start)

SINGLE PLAYER REQUESTS
    -deep and rewarding morality system that encourages multiple playthroughs with multiple outcomes
    -design that doesn't seem to make it that people will pick a certain path (in the target footage, let go of dead man switch immediately outside van and blow em all to hell, that should be a possibility, the more of these HOLY CRAP I CAN DO WHAT?!?! areas in the game the better it will be, this leads to what's stated above)

MULTIPLAYER REQUESTS
    -split screen support
    -co-op campaign (split screen and online, allow for co-op to take place across multiple squads that we would normally command, don't have to be in same squad breaching the same room, side by side with your buddy/help from a distance)
    -Stand alone dedicated serves w/customizable settings
    -server side ability to restrict multiple options
    -Matching team uniforms (w/out team indicator present as well)
    -Team objectives (hostage, pilot/VIP, bomb modes w/side switching after round)
    -No weapon unlocks as new and old players should be evenly balanced, only skill matters not your weapon)
    -Remove grenade indicator
    Last edited by Dieinthedark; 05-28-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: To do what I said...namely keep it updated
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I would like to remind everyone that voice commands are nothing new to the Rainbow Six franchise. R63 and BA have them. I'm not sure about Lockdown since I never bothered playing the single player after trying the MP and seeing how horrible it was.

Also, I would request that they cancel the game and sell off the franchise (minus the Clancy name) to a developer/publisher that would actually care about fans more than money if they plan on trying to copy CoD/BF/Halo.
    I have the fifth freedom... so watch out, here I come
    Originally registered July 17, 2002

1) Map Editor/Creator
    2) Mod support/SDK
    3) Lean
    4) Prone (demo video had prone at least!)
    5) Stand Alone Dedicated servers with most settings able to be customized
    6) Hardcore mode (No Health Regen!)
    7) Server side ability to turn off 3rd person cover view (leaving off 3rd person completely would be best!)
    8) Matching team uniforms (coins over heads is not realistic!)
    9) Doors (prefereably, fluid opening doors like Ravenshield had with the mouse wheel)
    10) Footprints in snow or after walking over wet areas that disapear over time (like Ravenshield)
    11) Team Objectives (typical hostage, pilot/VIP, bomb modes would be great and with side switchnig after round)
    12) Fire Select (single/triple/full auto) on realistic weapons
    13) Support for more than a few months after release (The third Vegas 2 High Stakes patch only working for one round and NEVER being fixed is unforgiveable!!!)
    14) Playable PC DEMO before release (mandatory after last horrible R6 games)
    15) No Weapon Unlocks! (New and old players should be on even playfield - only real skill should matter)

Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
    1) Map Editor/Creator
    2) Mod support/SDK
    3) Lean
    4) Prone (demo video had prone at least!)
    5) Stand Alone Dedicated servers with most settings able to be customized
    6) Hardcore mode (No Health Regen!)
    7) Server side ability to turn off 3rd person cover view (leaving off 3rd person completely would be best!)
    8) Matching team uniforms (coins over heads is not realistic!)
    9) Doors (prefereably, fluid opening doors like Ravenshield had with the mouse wheel)
    10) Footprints in snow or after walking over wet areas that disapear over time (like Ravenshield)
    11) Team Objectives (typical hostage, pilot/VIP, bomb modes would be great and with side switchnig after round)
    12) Fire Select (single/triple/full auto) on realistic weapons
    13) Support for more than a few months after release (The third Vegas 2 High Stakes patch only working for one round and NEVER being fixed is unforgiveable!!!)
    14) Playable PC DEMO before release (mandatory after last horrible R6 games)
    15) No Weapon Unlocks! (New and old players should be on even playfield - only real skill should matter)

+1

Done, but I left off fire select because that's already in the game and will be in RB6P as well. Would both of you mind checking out this as well. Thanks a bunch!

when they get further in development they should start doning podcast 2 answer community questions about the game. and 2 release info on the game. just hoping

@Pest_AWC

I like that whole list except the map editor. I don't think it is believable to think that a tactical FPS like Rainbow six can have a map editor simiar to Halo or Far Cry. Both those games were built on a engine that could allow such editors and something like would maybe sacrifice other features for R6P.

You could have a scenario editor though.

Basically the placing of bots, spawns and objectives on MP/SP maps for co-op/adversarial games. Throw in some basic weapon restrictions/placements and some simple adjustable rules I think this would go down a storm.

A map editor is possible since the developers must use some tool to create maps for UBI's Anvil engine.

It would mean they may have to make the tool more user friendly and therefore they aren't likely to spend money or time doing that since it really is only a benefit for PC gamers (and they hate PC gamers). I suppose they could bundle and release the best user created maps for consoles as part of DLC.

They have not yet had a map editor released for Anvil games, so it would be the first. Perhaps the engine is to crude to allow this.

It's a shame if they don't have a map editor released since UBI's track record is to give us only a dozen multiplayer maps and then release DLC that just opens up a couple single player maps for multiplayer or changes lighting effects and spawns on an existing map.

Ravenshield and Rogue Spear had strong community support for years due to map editors and 100s of great user created maps.

The least they could do is allow mod support so we could move around spawn locations and objective locations on maps.

In regards to Multiplayer:

Remove the grenade indicator
    Simply put, the addition to of the indicator takes away from the game more than it adds. Part of playing a game, and the reason I buy them, is to play inside of the virtual environment. That involves spatial awareness, sounds, and the general game dynamics. Let the me, the user, employ these when I play the game as opposed to holding my hand and telling me. It feels as though the game is playing me.
    To sum it up, let the player play. It's part of the learning curve.

Increased Variety in Map Architecture:
    There are some excellent maps in the vegas series and a lot can be taken from them. Certain maps like cqb, three kingdoms,and convention centre played really well with a horizontal spread. Streets, played excellently from top to bottom. Killhouse, library, and lvu required a push forward type of strategy.

The only problem was the difficulty to incorporate them all into the same game. Perhaps the inclusion of sprint required wider maps so users wouldn't be travelling to the other team's spawn in 10 seconds. Either way, the map design allows players to play their own style, and the more variety in the designs the greater incorporation of different user play styles.

Former MLG PRO
    ---Harmony N Havoc 2007--- Lost Cause 2008 ---

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast