Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard to get or unclear achievements (now with 100% more guide and spoilers) | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I have 3 problems

1 Cannot do achievment with necro to spend all points on ressurection. I tried with poison and ended without points, and with cylops. No effect. Do i have to have 4 lv of this skill and full points before i spent them? I had bugs with it and in first run i had max 3lv, and now 2lv

2 What is best way to do hero on each maps? So far i know: do necro campaign and don't die. I tried it on normal level and had only 2 or 3 hero. On easy first 2 maps but on 3th i had only 40% of complete and it wasn't enough. What is more important speed or complete? survival had on 108%. Last map is even bigger so there will be more problems. 2 heroes? speed? what difficuld level? Btw is there table to show how many points on each level is needed for each ranks?

3 To win with only shoot units do i need psychical damage? it doesn't work in necro campaign. Still have 0 wins, but i have magic range damage from some units
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by sharaelyn View Post
    You could try on last boss - blood path. Just wait till cate fly into air and summon the elemental, She will summon 7 next to each of your creature, all your army should be able to retaliate and kill all of them.
    That was easy

Thank You very much for this. Only 13 achievements to go.

Quote Originally Posted by s.tomczak View Post
    I have 3 problems

1 Cannot do achievment with necro to spend all points on ressurection. I tried with poison and ended without points, and with cylops. No effect. Do i have to have 4 lv of this skill and full points before i spent them? I had bugs with it and in first run i had max 3lv, and now 2lv

2 What is best way to do hero on each maps? So far i know: do necro campaign and don't die. I tried it on normal level and had only 2 or 3 hero. On easy first 2 maps but on 3th i had only 40% of complete and it wasn't enough. What is more important speed or complete? survival had on 108%. Last map is even bigger so there will be more problems. 2 heroes? speed? what difficuld level? Btw is there table to show how many points on each level is needed for each ranks?

3 To win with only shoot units do i need psychical damage? it doesn't work in necro campaign. Still have 0 wins, but i have magic range damage from some units
    1. Since you get necro points for killing creatures I think you need to get the enemy to flee. Maybe using the skill before killing the last creature will work, make sure you don't have any bonuses that will make you gain necro points faster though.
    Edit: I do not know if this works, but you can try attacking a hero/town that has no troops, again make sure you have nothing that gives a bonus to necro point gain.

2. I have no idea how this is calculated, sorry. Maybe there is something in the fan manual.

3. I do not think it needs to be physical damage, as long as it is the regular attack (and not an ability).
    Last edited by koltolv; 02-13-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Still worry about "reap it when you saw"? Say goodbye to bosses, here is a simple and stupid way:
    you need:
    1. a high lv mage who can use light magic
    2. find a enemy who has 7 stacks.

That's it!

you just invoke a group of light elemental to a suitable place, make sure her retailation can hit enemy shooters. now all you have to do is to defend and watch her kill all enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by koltolv View Post
    1) I can't remember how I got this, I think you gain necromancy points when you kill enemies. Have you tried using the necromancy skill and then running away right after that, alternatively getting the enemy to run away right after you use it? Maybe killing the last enemy with the spell that does damage each turn (is the name "Agony"?) will work.

2) "using only the units that can shoot" means they only used their ranged attack, right? I have no idea why it does not work. Does anyone else have the same problem (possible bug?)?

3) For the Breeder Queen I think the imp attack requires your units to be more than three tiles away from her (I think you can read the exact number in the monster compendium), so you need initiative boosts to get your units closer than the minimum range before she can attack, alternatively get a huge army that can kill her before her 1st turn.
    Edit: The minimum range for the imp attack is three, which means your units must be at most two tiles away from her.

4) To change the path (in custom games) you just get enough blood/tears reputation to get level 1 (250) and then level up. Then you need to get 1000 reputation of the other to get level 2. Make sure you don't level up directly to level 2.

Extra: It seems that it should work (see posts #78 and #99 in this thread). The only thing I can suggest is reload and retry, maybe it will work eventually.
    If you have a saved game near the end of the necro campaign you can get it vs Uriel, he will ressurect his guards if they all die (the marksmen use a ranged attack that cannot be retaliated even if you have units near them, so they must be killed normally).

Hopefully something of what I wrote can be of help.
    2) yeah i have the same problem. My "Marksman" is also on 2/25. Have already tried everything even to shot only by marksmen)))) (i mean ardalesters)

Terminator!

What is the best course of action for this? I understand it's impossible to do on a campaign map, so I've been trying on a skirmish map, but I can never keep the other eneny hero contained fast enough to prevent HIM from attacking neutral armies. Are there option for a solo map that doesn't have enemy heroes on it(like in H3 trying to obtain an artifact to win the map)? Thanks!

Petrification on Michael's minions?

I've been trying to get the "For the Audience" achievement, but I am still unable to, despite the lowered requirement of keeping only one of Michael's minions alive.

You see, I've tried to get it with a Might aligned Anton. I bought a scroll of "Summon Earth Elementals" for him, but when I used the scroll and tried to have the Earth Elementals use their Petrify ability on one of Michael's guards, I found that they were unable to. I could cast Petrify on my own troops, but not on any of his minions. In-game months of waiting have not offered a Petrify scroll up for sale in any of the castles' artifact merchants, so that does not seem to be an option. He cannot cast it himself either of course and he is always the one who fights Michael, so I can not give the Petrification spell to a Cleric either and have him/her fight Michael instead.

I could replay the last scenario of Irina's campaign and give her the Petrification spell and then try with her, but if Petrify does not work on Michael's guards (anymore), then I would just be wasting my time.

So can anyone offer some insight into this? Have Michael's minions been made immune to Petrification or is there another reason why my Earth Elementals cannot cast it on them? If so, can anyone offer some tips on how to get the achievement instead?

EDIT:

Never mind. I bought the Shadow Comb (that grants the Puppet Master spell) and used that instead. The Puppet Master spell worked just fine against Michael's minions.

There is one odd thing though, when I completed the achievement, I lost two achievements that I completed previously, namely the ones that require you to win fights in a row with you main hero (Impressive General III and Unstoppable General), because my winning streaks were reset to 23 for some reason. These were easy enough to obtain again, but it's still very strange that I lost them.
    Last edited by Sir_Arveragus; 02-20-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: I figured out a way to get the achievement myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rickah888 View Post
    Terminator!

What is the best course of action for this? I understand it's impossible to do on a campaign map, so I've been trying on a skirmish map, but I can never keep the other eneny hero contained fast enough to prevent HIM from attacking neutral armies. Are there option for a solo map that doesn't have enemy heroes on it(like in H3 trying to obtain an artifact to win the map)? Thanks!
    I got this achievment on Stronghold (Orc) mission 1, though I am not certain I actually killed all neutral armies myself. I should mention that I was using version 1.1 so there might be something that has changed during the patches.
    I think you play without opponents on the X-mas treasure hunt map (http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites...asure_Hunt.rar), but it's a very large map and clearing it will likely take time. If you have the Collectors Edition, the Heart of Nightmares map might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Arveragus View Post
    EDIT:

Never mind. I bought the Shadow Comb (that grants the Puppet Master spell) and used that instead. The Puppet Master spell worked just fine against Michael's minions.
    Interesting, did the minions not take damage while under your control or could you keep them alive by moving them away from combat? Or could you actually use Guardian angel on them when you controlled them?

Quote Originally Posted by koltolv View Post
    Interesting, did the minions not take damage while under your control or could you keep them alive by moving them away from combat? Or could you actually use Guardian angel on them when you controlled them?
    I took control of one guard with the Puppet Master spell and it simply did not take damage when I killed Michael (as it was part of my army now). I did have to kill the guard after Michael was dead though (in the next turn when the spell wore off).

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast