Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAREWELL: My Gamer Story (Frag out!) by Brookelyn | Forums

FAREWELL DISCUSSION: My Gamer Story (Frag out!) by Brookelyn
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I adore you Brooke. I am going to miss working with you. Your story is soooooo cool. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love you so so much. You are an amazing person and you will always be my favorite Frag Doll.

This story was a great read I'm sad to see you go Brooke, but it was great to get to know you. You were the first FD to welcome me here to this community. I'm glad I could help out with your dog, too . Don't be a stranger, ok?

Good luck with everything in the future!
    Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Thanks to Marcus for the rad sig!

Hope you'll still be attending events and whatnot. You always bring such an amazing amount of positive energy with you wherever you go.

------------
    xbox live | steam | psn | facebook | twitter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spartacus Legends Community Manager EvilPixieGrrr's Avatar
    Brooke, thank you for sharing your moving story with us all, you will be sorely missed.

I'll never forget meeting you the first time. It was at PAX East last year and because I had to travel so far, I'd arrived later than all the other Cadettes, leaving me the only one who hadn't met the team yet on our first day of work. The next morning, you were the first Frag Doll to arrive at the convention center, and you exuberantly walked right up to me and said, "Hi Donna!" I'll never forget how warm and welcoming you were to me (you told some pretty funny stories, too)on what was one of the most amazing days in my life.

All my best to you, girl. I wish you well always.

I really loved your blog, Brooke! It is an amazing story, and thanks for sharing it with us. I feel very lucky for the chance to have worked with you in the past, and I hope to see you more in the future as well! <3
    Twitter @Sunie_FDC

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I loved your blog, and feel very lucky for having been able to work/hang out with you over the past few years.

I have more to say, but I decided to put it in an email instead. I hope you still check your Ubi email! O.o
    Steam: embyrflame
    XBL: Arumia
    PSN: Arumi
    http://www.twitter.com/Arumi_Kai

Blog: http://arumi.crims0n.us

[IMG]http://img.ph

Since Brooke shared her story, I'm sharing my Brooke story.

Sometime in 2008 Brooke posted a blog saying she'd be willing to let people send in interview questions to her for a day. At the time I was trying to get back into writing and break into journalism so I sent in a bunch of questions to her.

A couple of years later, when I was trying to break into the game industry, the job I was applying for wanted writing samples that showed I could write and knew about video games. I used that interview with Brooke as one of the samples and the interviewing people really liked it and asked me a lot about the Frag Dolls and what online communities I was a part of and eventually gave me the job.

So I credit Brooke with helping me get into the game industry and I'm super super sad to see you retire but we're all friends here and we'll all see each other online and at events <3
    Banhammer for Perfect World and Jbot's punching bag
    XBL:FailedAsian | PSN:FailedAsian |Twitter | Facebook |Blog

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Brooke.
    It's going to be sad to see you go, as you are just a ray of light---even behind Just Dance sunglasses. You'll be missed. However, only better things can lie ahead for you, and I'm ecstatic about that.

Everyday, you're shufflin'. May you shuffle on to greener pastures!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast