Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony Conference PS Blog | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Honestly, I visited some website recently, and when I entered my name I got all the info on myself. My address (full), my phone, the price of the house (updated) - everything. Our data is out there on internet, whether we like it or not. It's all in public records, and if someone knows how to reach the data, they don't need to hack Sony to find our info. Well, at least as far as USA. I don't know about other countries. I'm not petrified about the possible theft of my info. I don't feel comfortable, and yes, I'm a little afraid what that can mean for me in the future but I won't lose sleep over it.
    Secondly, I believe the responsible person(s) will be caught and it would be very foolish of them at this point to even try to sell the stuff to anyone.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

the times are saying credit card details a round up of what Sony said is

In a nutshell, they don't know much of anything about the hack. They estimate as many as 10 million users personal data was exposed but now claim there is no proof any credit card data was stolen.

They are moving the PSN Data Center to a new "more secure" location and created a new position, Chief Information Security Officer, to oversee future security.

They made a point to say that PSN passwords were not encrypted but were hashed.

They hope to have some services re-started in a week and full access restored in one month.

There will be a forced system software update that will require all registered PlayStation Network users to change their account passwords before being able to sign into the service. As an added layer of security, that password can only be changed on the same PS3 in which that account was activated, or through validated email confirmation

They also recommend changing your password on any sites you may have used the same password as PSN on.

Affected users will get a free 30-day subscription to PlayStation Plus and an unspecified free software download. Qriocity customers will get an extra 30 days of service.

They will deal with PlayStation Plus members and the contents of online wallets on a case-by-case basis.

You can also cancel your account if you wish.

Many questions were asked about the Anonymous attacks and the possible connection to this case but Sony downplayed Anonymous as a minor annoyance at best.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

I don't care what The Times says. The EU Blog clearly states:

"• All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service."

The "New PoP Deathbringers" Team My Twitter/PSN: Ted95On
    "Beauty slept and angels wept for her immortal soul, in this response all evil chose to claim her for their very own."

that what I posted isn't what the times said, it is a round up of the conference Sony did over the matter.

as for the PS blog this is the same place that posted the PS3 encryption key's they aint the most reliable of people.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12