I bought S7 from Steam yesterday after playing the DEMO. Downloaded it from Steam and installed it, but couldn't launch the game. Then I downloaded and reinstalled S7 again in Steam and suddenly could get into the game but got a "Server not available". Tried to push the login button but nothing happened.
After an hour this happens: I launch the game from Steam. Steam launches S7. I get to the login window. Wait for sync and the 5 seconds and it relaunches the Steam "Preparing to launch S7". Steam then launches S7-login window...I wait 5 sec and Steam gets launched again. Then it just stays there forever (I've waited about 30 min to see if it did something).
I tried all the following after reading other posts:
- Disable firewall and Virus Prgs.
- Deleted UGL, temp-folder and reinstalling
- Validating files in Steam
- Downloaded and Reinstalled the game via Steam 2 times.
- Restarted computer multiple times.
- Did make UGL, Settles7R, S7GameUpdate run as Admin
- Logged into Realm, launch the game and also logged out Realm and launch.
- Unchecked the Remember me in the login window.
So the problem is:
1) Looping between Steam and Login-window and stopping at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3297663/Udklip.JPG
2) If I get into the game (which only happened an hour straight) I get a Server Not Available.
Hope you can help me.
Spec: Win 7 64 Home , HP Pavilion dv7, 4 GB Ram, ATI HD 4530
Try re-installing Steam itself?
I dont think its Steam...I've been fooling around with it and found something.
When I validate the game-files on Steam it downloads 2 files and then I cant enter the game at all - It just makes that loop-think I mentioned above.
When I then starts S7GameUpdate.exe under the Steam folder it downloads a patch: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3297663/Udklip2.JPG
And then I can enter the game but get the "Server Not Available (28)" : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3297663/Udklip4.JPG
I then get asked to download a new patch: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3297663/Udklip3.JPG
After that I only get the "Server Not Available (28)"-thing.
So there Im stuck.
There is a 105 pages sticky concerning the "Server Not Available" issue. You might want to check it out.
Yep the first thing was looking at that thread and as posted in the opening post tried alot of things from that thread.
BUT I finally got it working!!
Dont know what happened. The only thing I did was enable my Firewall again. Then I could enter the game. Go figure :O
Well thanks to those that tried to help