Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settlers 3 Gold - Help! | Forums

I'm sorry if my english isn't THAT good - but i'm from Norway.

I'm on the third misson in the roman campaign - it's called "Northern meetings".
    And i don't understand how to ship tools from the "main" island to the other.

Can anyone explain EXACTLY how to do it - since I've played this game for about 2 days - and are pretty fresh to this
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hi you need to make a transport ship,then transport pioneers to where ever you want to go then get them to take land.while they do that build a trade ship and a landing dock,at the landing dock pick where to load then ship tools and whatever you want.then mark the target on the land you want to settle.when you change pioneers back to carriers they will pick up the tools needed to start constructing make sure you ship shovels hammers wood and stone
    hope you understand that .have fun

I still can't make it work

There are people on the island I'm going to transport tools to - so the ting about pioneers is not important.
    But I REALLY need to get the tools over to the other island - because the only tools I have there
    are enough to have 1 woodcutter, 1 stonecutter and 1 sawmill - and my "main island" is almost empty with resources to make soldiers.

Settlers Moderator
    Do you have to start out by shipping them,dont you have enough resources on your 2nd island to make a smelter and toolsmith,then slowly build up a 2nd settlement over there?

I don't have enough equipment to make it work.
    The only tools that are there are to only ONE woodcutter ONE stonecutter and ONE sawmill - so I have to ship tools from one island to another - but I don't know how to do it.

Settlers Moderator
    To trade with ships you must firstly build yourself a landing dock (this is found in the 'misc buildings' menu. Once this is built, select the building and then click on the 'place dock' button. Now click on an area of shoreline close to the dock and a wooden jetty will appear.

Once this is done, click on the 'set destination' button and then click on the shoreline of the island you wish to send the goods to (you don't need a dock on the destination island). A line of pegs will now appear showing the route the ship will take. If you are not happy with this route, use the waypoint buttons to change the route the ship will take.

All you need to do now is select the goods that you want to transport and the ship will take them over once they have been delivered to the dock.

I can't find any "set destination" button.
    On the landing dock - it is place dock, First- second and third waypoint and end of route

Settlers Moderator
    You set the destination on the ship if I remember right not the dock.There is an online manual,have you looked on there about ships.

It doesn't stand anything on the ship :/

After you have placed the dock - have you tried clicking on 1st waypoint, making sure to have a clear path in the sea, then 2nd waypoint with clear path, then 3rd, then end route on the land where you want the goods??

Naturally the ship can't travel over land, so make sure the line of pegs is totally over the sea.

From the land down under

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast