Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I watch Wrestling | Forums

I'm sorry, you should have asked a mod before posting a self-advertising thread (as your first post, no less). please read the code of conduct.

love, jinx
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It wasn't self advertising, I make no appearance in the movie, but it was more or less about why I, or everybody else who does, watches wrestling... No love for the puro.

Wrestling is utter garbage. . .its a BOYS soap-opera with men touching each other in their under wear. Not to mention is all fake.

If you are into wrestling go watch some MMA you eyes will finaly be opened.

Banned
    Jeb why you such a hater son. Wrestling is sweet. It was way cooler back in the day when the being "fake" part was first coming out. There is nothing fake about what they do. Sure the outcomes are scripted but they are poets using their bodies as poetry in motion. Get a grip. Teamrockets for life son.

Used to like wrestling...then participated in "actual" wrestling...there is no comparison. While the WWE is very much entertaining, its still just dancing and yelling when compared to the real thing. I compare it to the difference between Hollywood martial arts you see in movies and "actual" fighting, like extreme fighting such as the UFC, Pride, K1, and the like.

Although there are a lot of "Hollywood" martial artists (Jackie Chan, Jet Lee) that could definately rip someone's head off and throw it back at their frozen bodies, shattering it...

Gamertag: Beeffalo Xbox Live Clan: 13th Dragoons

Wrestling was fun.... in HIGH SCHOOL.

But, I will say that the amount of work those wrestlers put into keeping themselves in shape earns my respect. They have to be at the top of their game ALL the time, torturing themselves with various weapons and drops from heights unimaginable (Mankind was my favorite, heehee), and all for a crowd that just wants them to beat the **** out of each other even more. Sheesh.

There comes a time when it just gets boring, though. And thats puberty. Seen it all before, and the best have come and gone.

And I'm going to contest the UFC, Pride, and K1 being "real" fighting idea. There's still rules, right? No weapons? Weight divisions? Referees? Safety regulations such as gloves, no groin shots, bone-breaking? It's still simply competition, only more brutal. Although I must admit Ultimate Fighting is still a great deal more entertaining than the current lackluster state of Boxing.

Never really learned Ninjutsu, but is pretty mean with a stick ---> The Neeenja'

Banned
    UFC, Pride, K1 not real? You must be out your mind brother. Those gloves are to protect the hands not the others face. No broken bones? Ask Tim Sylvia why his arm was broken in two places then. Go talk to Justin Eilers who broke both hands and ripped his knee to shreds. MMA is the premier combat sport now a days. Come on down to my gym and let someone hit you in the face, throw you to the ground, and then twist your arm out of it socket. Then you can tell me it is not real.

To say you don't like wrestling just because it's fake is a cop-out. It's like a magic show, you know it's all fake but what says you still can't find it entertaining? Myself, I got tired of the repetetive plot lines and bad acting somewhere in middleschool. My dad and some of my brothers still watch it though and I'm not going to fault them for it. I'll admit though, I still get a tear in my eye when I hear the hulka-maniac's creed. (okay not really but I do question whether or not I've had my vitamins)
    "I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation." --George Bernard Shaw

Oh, of course UFC, K1 and the like are real. Those boys condition themselves to take the kind of punishment that gets people screaming for more.

I know my fair share of punishment. Dislocated shoulder, broken wrist, head trauma. But it's still not "REAL" real. All my injuries and training take place within relatively safe confines amidst rules and regulations designed to keep my life in my body, as I imagine it is for sports entertainment like the UFC. Accidents DO happen, though. Andy Hug died an unfortunate death because of head trauma I believe, but it's never intended. No one actually goes into the ring with intent to kill, simply subdue. Albeit violently.

Real fights have no rules, no holds barred, and matches that usually are never in your favor. I would never want to be placed in that sort of situation. I'm a guy who just takes martial arts to keep fit and compete on friendly terms with other like-minded people. If I EVER got into a situation where I had to fight on the street, I'd run. No questions asked. I've seriously got nothing to prove.

Come on down to my gym and let someone hit you in the face, throw you to the ground, and then twist your arm out of it socket. Then you can tell me it is not real.
    Don't get so upset! I really didn't mean to offend. If I did, well... deal.

Likes his violence regulated ---> The Neeenja'

Banned
    Far from upset. Just shocked that you dont think that is real fighting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast