Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3 Editor | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

At this point, I think FC2 has the best game editor around. Even with African pieces, gamers have designed out-of-this-world maps. If more games offered an editor, I'm sure they would have a longer shelf-life as well. If FC3 is still in post production, then these are some improvements that come to mind...

Mukti-player
    Option to play against bots.
    Move the info box from the center of screen to the top or bottom margin.
    Enable friend invite during game.
    Ability to shoot while reviving teammate.
    While hosting, show if map is being downloaded from server or host.
    Smarter map search when hosting, alphabetic by author or title.

Editor
    Editor Settings preset.
    Set which weapons are available for a given map.
    Bot spawns.
    Access to ALL pieces, villagers, animals and textures from single player.
    Comprehensive inventory grouping of objects.
    Waterfall, steam and fire emitters.
    More interactive objects which players can move around.
    A set of building facades, to help save processor speed.
    Re-sizable blocks that accept textures and/or color choice.
    Re-sizable occlusion blocks, or smaller occlusion pieces.
    All physics pieces activated by any player, not just the host.
    Control the water height by grid, rather than by the whole map.
    Choose water behavior, color and murkiness.
    Preview cameras.
    Adjustable lamps and light fixtures.
    Will not validate if the performance meter is in the red.
    Lower the strobe intensity of selected object.
    Author's description of map added to thumbnail and stats.
    Overhead map display in lobby.
    Allow 2 editors at once, or allow 2nd editor as observer.
    Comprehensive editor guide.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

By preview cameras do you mean cameras that allow you to see the level before you spawn? Because they were there.
    Other than that I totally agree. Especially with the waterfalls and light fixtures.
    --------------
    Don't read this.
    Oh, you read it..how unfortunate. Someone will be arriving at your door soon. I fervently recommend that you walk up to it cautiously, as anybody who happens to read the above sentence (which I graciously told you no

Originally posted by IIxXWRATHXxII:
    By preview cameras do you mean cameras that allow you to see the level before you spawn?
    In the PS3 editor when placing Spectator Cameras, it would be nice to see a preview to help line up the camera. Sometimes I'm looking to get certain things in view.

Originally posted by SupaScoopa_:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IIxXWRATHXxII:
    By preview cameras do you mean cameras that allow you to see the level before you spawn?
    In the PS3 editor when placing Spectator Cameras, it would be nice to see a preview to help line up the camera. Sometimes I'm looking to get certain things in view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I see what you mean. I agree completely then.
    --------------
    Don't read this.
    Oh, you read it..how unfortunate. Someone will be arriving at your door soon. I fervently recommend that you walk up to it cautiously, as anybody who happens to read the above sentence (which I graciously told you no

Ability to unlock every asset, have a texture editor, and ability to import 3d models all on PC.

This list needs to be stickied. RIGHT NOW.

I agree with your entire list as far as the Editor Features go. Primarily with the lighting, water, and Bots. Also, they should take out the vehicle degradation and repair, as well gun degradation, as it's just more memory being taken up and can be used for something else more useful.

But my #1 complaint with FC2 was the lack of game modes. Apart from the normal modes (TDM and CTF) we need a Create-a-mode feature that goes hand and hand with the Editor. Being able to change whatever variable you want. Player strength, speed, objectives, ETC.

There is so much potential that went to waste with FC2, it was a tragedy.

Originally posted by legacyzero:

I agree with your entire list as far as the Editor Features go. Primarily with the lighting, water, and Bots. Also, they should take out the vehicle degradation and repair, as well gun degradation, as it's just more memory being taken up and can be used for something else more useful.

But my #1 complaint with FC2 was the lack of game modes. Apart from the normal modes (TDM and CTF) we need a Create-a-mode feature that goes hand and hand with the Editor. Being able to change whatever variable you want. Player strength, speed, objectives, ETC.

I personally hope they keep the gun degradation in. I do think that the vehicle repair should be either changed or removed. The magic bolt on the radiator..can fix EVERYTHING
    --------------
    Don't read this.

Originally posted by legacyzero:

Weapon degradation can either be ditched or it should be made more realistic. Vehicle degradation should be kept and the damage should be much more detailed. The repair should be made better though somehow.

However, I completely agree with the lack of modes and I think a create-a-mode feature would be awesome.

You just dont know if there even will be a editor and writing down all that stuff.
    BTW the editor was brilliant.

VERY EASY TO USE !

IMO it dont need big fixes, at last no fixes like camera preview or bots.
    2 editor at once why ???

Modding support for the pc!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast