Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FarCry 1 reinstallation problem | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

So I'm trying to reinstall Far Cry 1 but it thinks the game is still installed. The auto launch gives me the options to play or uninstall but neither does anything.

I've gone through the registry and deleted anything with far cry in the name and have tried the windows installer cleanup utility but it doesn't show up. Can anyone help?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

search microsoft.com for the "windows installer cleanup utility" (should pop right up). run it and delete anything far-cry related it finds, then you will be able to reinstall. Theman might have the link in his sig, I can't ever keep track of what links he has in there.

Originally posted by JMWcrimsontide:
    have tried the windows installer cleanup utility but it doesn't show up
    Don't be lazy klaus

The two things I think might happen is either A; There are some fractions of the game left somewhere, and the DVD recognizes it or B; There is some similar problem but it's windows installer that misunderstands instead of the DVD.

Check the cleanup utility once more and make a search for anything far cry related.
    -------------------------------
    Visit my FarCry site!
    http://farcry.swcteam.com
    If you have any advices for me of articles to feature, I appreciate them

Ok, I double checked the registry for anything with far cry. No results. I double checked the list of programs on windows install clean up and there's nothing to do with far cry there either. At this point, my enthusiasm to play it is waning. Please help.

as a last act of despiration you might try installing the game on another PC and then copy the far cry folder over. it's worked for me on other games before.

<span class="ev_code_RED">*Warning*</span> - If you try this suggestion, ensure the keys you are removing are the keys listed below. Accidental deletion of the wrong registry keys could end with your system not functioning correctly. You may want to consider using a registry cleaner if editing the Windows Registry is a task which makes you uncomfortable.

Try removing 2 registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\{D6DBDC2A-E72C-4284-B6AD-6B3B61B4DABC}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\A2CDBD6DC27E4 8246BDAB6B3164BADCB

1. Click Start
    2. Click Run
    3. Type REGEDIT in the textfield
    4. Press OK
    5. You will need to expand the tree by following the strings listed above.
    6. Delete the key (located at the end of the string).

See if this fixes the problem and you are able to reinstall the software.

You can backup the registry first.

Launch regedit, go archive->export and save. If something goes wrong you should only have to doubleclick this file and the registry should be restored as it was before.
    -------------------------------
    Visit my FarCry site!
    http://farcry.swcteam.com
    If you have any advices for me of articles to feature, I appreciate them

i tried to install Far Cry a months ago and havent been able to delete it off my computer.

should i try the registry editor to remove the game or what bcuz when i try to uninstall, the wizard goes for a second then shuts off, so...idk what to do

The reason why this happens is because you have installed a patch and doesnt require a registry fix.

You need to install patch 1.4, select uninstall option and uninstall the patches. You can then Uninstall FarCry or repair it again from the original disc.

before you do anything to the registry, download the windows installer cleanup utility and get rid of anything that says Farcry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast