Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Wrong disc inserted. Please insert the original "HOMM5" CD/DVD.". | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I bought the PC game, HeroesV, from a game store today (in the Netherlands). It had no trouble installing, however when I try to run it I get the error message: "Wrong disc inserted. Please insert the original "HOMM5" CD/DVD.".

Since there is only one CD I have really no clue how to solve this. Can someone help me on this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

My version has 4 discs and I have to have the fourth one in to be able to play.
    You may have a DVD version, or something though..

Banned
    that wrote me too(but i have p1r4t3 version though, so i expect that) try to download (R4(K
    Idon't know is p1r4cy legal here so i wrote in l33t...

Originally posted by R4n63R:
    that wrote me too(but i have p1r4t3 version though, so i expect that) try to download (R4(K
    Guess once!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

Originally posted by majansen02:
    I bought the PC game, HeroesV, from a game store today (in the Netherlands). It had no trouble installing, however when I try to run it I get the error message: "Wrong disc inserted. Please insert the original "HOMM5" CD/DVD.".

Since there is only one CD I have really no clue how to solve this. Can someone help me on this?

Maybe this has to do with the Securom copyprotection.
    Could happen if you have software installed that can be used to circumvent copyprotection. Alcohol 120%, Deamon Tools, CloneCD...Securom doesn't like that.
    But if you haven't, try this:

If this message occurs although you are using the original disc, please check if the correct communication mode is being used with your drive. Please check if the DMA mode is enabled:

1. Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
    2. Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.
    3. Right-click the icon for the channel to which your CD/DVD drive is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.
    4. In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select "DMA if Available" if the current setting is "PIO Only." If the drop-down box already shows "DMA if Available" but the current transfer mode is PIO, then you must toggle the settings. That is:
    * Change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and click OK.
    * Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if available.

In case the hint given above didn't solve your problem, please send a SecuROM™ analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

================================================== ================================================== ==========
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

Stay tuned for the sound of the banhammer smashing into your head!

yeah, nobody can understand l33t.
    Artificered rakshasa kshatra are awesome.

Originally posted by Oakwarrior:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that wrote me too(but i have p1r4t3 version though, so i expect that) try to download (R4(K
    Stay tuned for the sound of the banhammer smashing into your head! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It actually smacks him in the gut for more devastating effect.

Originally posted by R4n63R:
    The very definition of piracy is that its an illegal act. Discussing it at these boards is also a violation of these boards and also a directly bannable thingy.
    Everytime you post a repetitive topic a moderator dies! Please think of the moderators!!

Bring back the: Its just not the same without it!

I also had that problem. It's because of Daemon-tools here.
    Solutions:
    -uninstall D-tools
    -use yasu
    -and maybe if u patch up to v1.6 it'll be fine

Please pass it on to not buy any UBISOFT games. Junk, junk, junk.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast