Thread: FAR CRY 2 RANDOM CRASHING | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

first off i would like to say that my system is more than adequate to run the game.i run it @ ultra high DX9 @ 1920x1080 on a 46in lcd with 16x AF and no AA and i average between 30 to 60 frames(vsync on).the only real problem im having is random crashes to desktop with no error message of any kind.somtimes i can play for hours with no crash and other times it crashes in just minutes.currently im runnig vista premium 64bit but the same thing happens when I tried running it under xp32bit.Right now im using 180.43 driver's but I get the same results with 178.24.Also you can call it a coincidence but after the patch the crashing seemed to get a lot worse.If anyone else is having similar issues please let me know so at least i know im not alone.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

first off i would like to say that my system is more than adequate to run the game.i run it @ ultra high DX9 @ 1920x1080 on a 46in lcd with 16x AF and no AA and i average between 30 to 60 frames(vsync on).the only real problem im having is random crashes to desktop with no error message of any kind.somtimes i can play for hours with no crash and other times it crashes in just minutes.currently im runnig vista premium 64bit but the same thing happens when I tried running it under xp32bit.Right now im using 180.43 driver's but I get the same results with 178.24.Also you can call it a coincidence but after the patch the crashing seemed to get a lot worse.If anyone else is having similar issues please let me know so at least i know im not alone.

I had exactly the same issue as you, but I have an ATI 4870x2 GPU and I think you have a NVidia right?
    Anyways I found a solution for my prob HERE, I used the RivaTuner method and it works perfect, also in other games like CoD4, CoD:WW etc.
    Only thing is that you have to start your games with the Rivatuner launcher so you can't join through XFire anymore.