Thread: This is nuts | Forums

Just sank a cruise liner. 3 torps and a cpl shells. Watched it go down an no record of the sink......
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Did you possibly have friendly air cover ? If so, they may have robbed you of a good sink .I thought friendly air craft was cool at first, until they started sinking my targets.

not that I know of.

Happened to me, i sank 2 liners in one patrol, the second didnt register. but Mr. Schultz believed me after i posted the screens. Got my 152,00 with a VIIb that one time I still didn't get renown for it....

lol, you think thats bad, I one blew the **** out of a corvett and it whent under right there, and wouldn't you know it, the game tottaly denied it even sank, not even a sunken ship icon on the map, lol
    Spinach Fer Britain, Der Fuehrer's Face, Commando Duck, [URL=http://video.google.com/videopl

Originally posted by tuzlo:
    Just sank a cruise liner. 3 torps and a cpl shells. Watched it go down an no record of the sink......
    Can i ask a question, are you saving in between hits? Like are you firing one/two torpedo's and then saving, and then exiting the game and reloading?
    Recently, when in the middle of a large convoy battle, i noticed that after crippling a couple of ships(they did the usual, took a hit and then carried on) i then saved and returned to the game later. I noticed that they both started taking on water etc etc, they both went down some 10mins later but i never got the credit. So i loaded the same patrol again at the point of initial convoy contact, to test my theory, i did a similar thing, crippled a ship, saved, exited and reloaded. The same, it later sank and i never got the credit.
    This is probably not the case with you as you sound like you watched her go down in one sitting, but it is handy to know especially for those long convoy chases that can go on for hours........

Originally posted by Ali_109:

Can i ask a question, are you saving in between hits? Like are you firing one/two torpedo's and then saving, and then exiting the game and reloading?
    Recently, when in the middle of a large convoy battle, i noticed that after crippling a couple of ships(they did the usual, took a hit and then carried on) i then saved and returned to the game later. I noticed that they both started taking on water etc etc, they both went down some 10mins later but i never got the credit. So i loaded the same patrol again at the point of initial convoy contact, to test my theory, i did a similar thing, crippled a ship, saved, exited and reloaded. The same, it later sank and i never got the credit.
    This is probably not the case with you as you sound like you watched her go down in one sitting, but it is handy to know especially for those long convoy chases that can go on for hours........
    No Im not doing that, I did watch her go down in one sitting as you say.

Ummm, thats really odd, it sounds like a glitch in the program....very annoying i know, the only thing i suggest is to save before any attack on a large liner/carrier/battleship etc etc, that way if you don't get the credit you could reload and see what happens the next time... i expect you do that now anyway after that experience!

One other possibility from reading above. It has been noted by some that on your first campaign mission, if you mod the boat prior to completing the first mission, there is a bug which then causes your tonnage not to be recorded. I've never had that happen myself, but GW readme files cover the issue pretty well. I'm not sure if it is related to the game itself, or the mod.
    [hr][color:white]Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)[/color]