Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't enable Force Feedback in game with Windows 7. | Forums

Hello,

i have IL2 Sturmovik with the latest patch. And yesterday i bought a logitech 3d force. And when i try to enable the FF on the game, it hangs up, the thing is that it doesnt throw any error or something, it just hangs, if i go to the conf file en manually enable the FF the game stops in loading...

can someone tell me what to do?

thanks!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Welcome!

Whats FF?

sorry :P

FF = Force Feedback...

Have you checked the joystick force feedback outside IL-2? Look at the Windows Game Controllers setup software (in the control panel with XP, I'm not sure about Vista...), there should be a way to test it there.

If that seems ok, give us some more idea about the setup you have: PC spec, Operating System, etc.

You say you have the 'latest patch', is that 4.08m, or the 4.09 beta patch?

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

the game is running ok in Windows 7 RC 1.
    The FF works ok tested with the a logitech program (i dont have another game on that computer, well i dont have another game at all).

and specs is a HP TX2110US, amd x2 2.1 ghz 3gb of memory, and a integrated graphics geforce 6150...

and the patch is the 4.08m.

It could be a Windows 7 compatibility issue I suppose. Does the Joystick come with drivers? If so I'd check that you have the latest ones if you haven't already.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to suggest. Hopefully someone who runs Windows 7 and a force-feedback stick will be able to help.

Edit --------

It might help to change the topic title to read 'Can't enable Force Feedback in game with Windows 7': this might catch someones eye.

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

ok, thanks, i will tryit with Windows Vista... and i let you know.

google says other people have had this issue and installing V5.02 drivers for the joystick solved the problem.

There is also the possibility of a conflict with other logitech ffb products so if you have a ffb gamepad or something similiar try disconnecting it.

good luck
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
    Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.
    -M

hi, with the 5.04 version of logitech, works like a charm in vista, but no luck in Windows 7...

maybe it works with the official release of Windows 7, i will have to wait...

thanks anyway!!!

Originally posted by rothariger:
    hi, with the 5.04 version of logitech, works like a charm in vista, but no luck in Windows 7...

maybe it works with the official release of Windows 7, i will have to wait...

thanks anyway!!!
    Try the 5.02 in windows 7 as suggested, newer drivers are not always better though they should be, lol.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast