Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Mode Face Off (Possible SvM or Free for All) Article included! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Alright, in the past, I have been bashed for comments to posts about stealth, but I have found an article that was posted yesterday that peaked my interest involving multiplayer and the link is here:

http://www.co-optimus.com/arti...ell__Conviction.html

Now, if I'm reading correctly that the Co-Op campaign is 2 players, but it is stated that the multiplayer modes are co-op as well, called Deniable Ops...I know there have been discussions about this before, but it has been revealed to be a 4-player mode with the PEC from Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2...

Now as for my topic, in this article Hunter, Infiltration, and Last Stand are 4-player co-op...we have that established, but by reading Face-off, it sounds as if it is a free-for-all because it says 4-player head-to-head. It also says you will fight alongside AI so maybe it's:

1p and 1 or more cpu
    vs
    1p and 1 or more cpu
    vs
    1p and 1 or more cpu
    vs
    1p and 1 or more cpu

NOTE: I don't know, but I made this topic of discussion to discuss these possibilities.

But through thinking, maybe since it says head-to-head there could be an option to make it 2v2 instead of free-for-all since deniable ops is a 4-player mode? And if that is the case, you might be able to set 2 players as the mercenary faction and the other 2 as the spies and take out or leave the added AI possibly?

Think about it, it does seem possible, but not likely...I like the new info in this article even though some of it has been thrown out there already. We will probably figure out the full extent of these multiplayer modes on Wednesday, as stated in other topics, but we have one more day to ponder upon this discussion!

So guys tell me what you think!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Judging by the fact that Ubi are well aware that people enjoy playing spies much more than mercs, i believe they have a 2 spies VS 2 spies game in the works. It's 2 vs 2 and you can have AI mercs. Meaning you all try to sneak by the other team's mercs (AI), sort of blending co-op with adversary mode. Sometimes maybe you could encounter the other spy team giving some nasty hand to hand combat. Pure speculation though.

I always loved the ORIGINAL multiplayer concept, but double agent sucked so bad because they moved away too far from what splinter cell is all about; stealth. You should not be succesful in the multiplayer game if you run, run and run and use agility to outsmart your opponents. Sure, the spies should be agile, but they should depende on stealth, not speed.

Just my 2 cents.....
    I will assist your suicide...

To me, there's no dynamic gameplay elements when your character has the same capabilities as the enemy. SvM was great because Spies and Mercs had pros and cons to themselves. You weren't just fighting someone who had the exact same ability at their disposal.

I just hope the Spies can choose to use stealth to their own degree. They can try to go all undetected or get to a point where they can take care of the opponent.

Just have them not be utterly useless in combat. Not saying give them guns but martial arts moves to disarm and maybe subdue their merc adversary for long enough for them to get away again... and not only from behind.

I have faith Ubisoft will get it right this time around though.
    rofile: [COLOR:BLUE]NEW![/COLOR] Suggestions and Game Balancing Feedback for the Devs!
    [IMG]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5526/

Originally posted by braiog:
    To me, there's no dynamic gameplay elements when your character has the same capabilities as the enemy. SvM was great because Spies and Mercs had pros and cons to themselves. You weren't just fighting someone who had the exact same ability at their disposal.
    yes, thats what I love about SvM. Two teams against one another that both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I, for one, LOVE playing as merc as well as spy.

PT/CT SvM, lets play on XBConnect.

I Hope they keep the ability to play the mercs because when I would play online I always sucked as a spy I was always better as a Merc plus i liked the tools they offered to catching the spies. Also If they do offer the Merc ablility I hope resembles what you can do in Rainbow Six 2 Vegas just because I would like it to be a more like a splintercell vs rainbow six mode.

The thing we need to keep in mind here is that SPEED and AGILITY are force multipliers in this game.

Even if you don't have lethality, SvM was never really about deathmatch. The Spy's speed and agility alone gave them the ability to hit n' run and get out of line of sight of the Merc to avoid damage.

This is why the Merc's gear focused around trapping, tracking and surveillance; he used those to give him an idea where the Spy is so he could apply lethal force.

Any blurring of the Spy/Merc's abilities into the other side would be a bad move IMO (ie, giving the Spy more lethal forces or the Merc more agility) I know everyone wants the Spy to be badass and do some ninja moves on the Mercs, but Mercs are trained just as well, and would probably be able to counter the Spy as often times as the Spy would counter the Merc.

Banned
    THis game will suck if it only has that ****ty mode.

Originally posted by Google_Face:
    THis game will suck if it only has that ****ty mode.
    Why so negative? Everyone of your posts have been negative...what if it's an improvement to the old SvM? You won't be able to tell until you see it tommorrow...

I think that are all the co-op modes. They might have the original SvM mode along with this new co-op.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast