Thread: locking-up with lock-on: my experience | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I have seen every known expression of feelings in here. From euphoric happiness to gonna commit a "hate crime" fury!Have we become such rotten spoiled little imps? Do we expect a perfect product presented to us in a silver package, and run to sue the corparate(s) responsible at the first malfunction? After all we are dealing with a new technical and some what delicate "hobby" here. I do consider PC gameing a hobby to a degree. I guess many of us consider it a form of entertainment, and demand a "quality Performance"
    I can remember model airplanes when I was a kid, If I did not build it right it did not fly. I didn"t blame the manufacter. I saw others make thiers work, why can't I?
    I followed the development of this game for a long time, I watched all the videos, and played the demo when it came out.I played enough of the other flight sims to know this one looked really good. I thought I knew enough about my system to think it would handle lock-on. I was very disappointed myself. I was also used to bringing home a game and playing it on my system as expected. For the first two weeks I struggled to make this thing fly on my system. Seems Win98 was the main culprit. You can see me all over the "tech" forums. I thought the so called "demo work around" was the answer, but it was not reliable, my game ran like ca-ca! At first I thought I would have to wait for patches and a major PC upgrade. I decided to wait it out.
    Then a big thing happened, I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy of Win2K pro. from my workplace. I brought it home, installed it on my system using a dual boot set-up.And low and behold; I was flying "Lock-On"! I could hardly believe it, every thing for the most part seemed to work.Then when I updated my video drivers for my Radeon 9000 my FPS jumped up by about 10! The only real glitch I have seen is that I have no flyable F-15 in the FBP. There are a few common issues that I have encountered, and will hopefully be patched. I have flown with my friends on Hyperlobby as well as by IP. But overall I am very impressed with the realism and performance of this Flight sim.It now seems to be every thing I expected and even more! Looking back at how some of the other games improved after they came out I believe this one has the best potential and will be the "flight sim" of the future! Maybe the developers can tell why it is working on my system. I have a medium prossesor and only a radeon 9000 128 meg VC.
    But I do want to say some thing to those who are really ragging on the game because you can't get to work.You are depriving yourself of the best most realistic modern combat aircraft simulater available to the public ever! Just my opinon, but my advise; be patient, work with it, it will pay off.

e-quest

e-quest
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I have seen every known expression of feelings in here. From euphoric happiness to gonna commit a "hate crime" fury!Have we become such rotten spoiled little imps? Do we expect a perfect product presented to us in a silver package, and run to sue the corparate(s) responsible at the first malfunction? After all we are dealing with a new technical and some what delicate "hobby" here. I do consider PC gameing a hobby to a degree. I guess many of us consider it a form of entertainment, and demand a "quality Performance"
    I can remember model airplanes when I was a kid, If I did not build it right it did not fly. I didn"t blame the manufacter. I saw others make thiers work, why can't I?
    I followed the development of this game for a long time, I watched all the videos, and played the demo when it came out.I played enough of the other flight sims to know this one looked really good. I thought I knew enough about my system to think it would handle lock-on. I was very disappointed myself. I was also used to bringing home a game and playing it on my system as expected. For the first two weeks I struggled to make this thing fly on my system. Seems Win98 was the main culprit. You can see me all over the "tech" forums. I thought the so called "demo work around" was the answer, but it was not reliable, my game ran like ca-ca! At first I thought I would have to wait for patches and a major PC upgrade. I decided to wait it out.
    Then a big thing happened, I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy of Win2K pro. from my workplace. I brought it home, installed it on my system using a dual boot set-up.And low and behold; I was flying "Lock-On"! I could hardly believe it, every thing for the most part seemed to work.Then when I updated my video drivers for my Radeon 9000 my FPS jumped up by about 10! The only real glitch I have seen is that I have no flyable F-15 in the FBP. There are a few common issues that I have encountered, and will hopefully be patched. I have flown with my friends on Hyperlobby as well as by IP. But overall I am very impressed with the realism and performance of this Flight sim.It now seems to be every thing I expected and even more! Looking back at how some of the other games improved after they came out I believe this one has the best potential and will be the "flight sim" of the future! Maybe the developers can tell why it is working on my system. I have a medium prossesor and only a radeon 9000 128 meg VC.
    But I do want to say some thing to those who are really ragging on the game because you can't get to work.You are depriving yourself of the best most realistic modern combat aircraft simulater available to the public ever! Just my opinon, but my advise; be patient, work with it, it will pay off.

e-quest

e-quest

XyZspineZyX
    I would like to see some others experience with this sim. and some opinons about why it works with my system.
    Pent. lll, 1gig proccessor
    Radeon 9000 series 128 mg video card with cat 3.9 driver
    512 ram
    40 gig HD
    dual win ME/win 2000 pro., dual boot OS.
    just a few bugs, frame rates in the 30's! I have seen FPS in the 50's and 60's! graphic settings are low.

e-quest