Thread: Silent Hunter 4 Mission editor | Forums

So I really really want to start creating my own missions but I don't know how to select the Sub that is the player. Like I can put the ships in, name it, but I don't know where you choose your start up character. Can anyone help?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by shamuuboy1:
    So I really really want to start creating my own missions but I don't know how to select the Sub that is the player. Like I can put the ships in, name it, but I don't know where you choose your start up character. Can anyone help?

There is a tutorial on how to use the ME that is pretty good, you can find it here. It will answer your question about how to place the player submarine also.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Okay, I've followed all of the directions but it keeps telling me that. "That Us. Sargo enteres game after mission starts." What does that mean?

Above is the properties box for a Sargo Class sub from the ME. If you notice about half way down the picture there is a box that says Entry. If you see the Starting date directly below that it says January 16, 1939. That date must match the the starting date of the mission you've created. Right above that is a line that starts Unit Version Date. Match the month and the year to that of your entry date for the sub. That way when the mission starts you'll se the sub listed in the custom mission.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

I've tried everything, every submarine and it still says the same thing. Hmm.. Guess I'll just have to roam the waters look for the ships I want to destroy then.

shamuuboy1
    In the properties box shown in tambor's post above about one third of the way down there is a line which commences 'Delete on last Waypoint' uncheck this box and then go right and check the box at the end of the line labeled 'Human Control'. This will link the sub to you the player. All this is explained here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1019045/m/1001027846
    Cheers
    Biffo

Is there any way of deleting objects if you have misplaced them on the map?
    Demand veal marsala with garlic sauced noodles in the officer's mess!

I haven't found a way to delete anything once it's placed. But they're easy enough to move around once added, just left-click on the unit once so that the center block turns from white to red then left-click and hold to drag it around the screen. Just make sure that the Hand scroll icon in the toolbar isn't activated.
    And an easy way to place your sub (if you're setting up for practice shots like I've been doing) is to set the targets and their formation first and add their waypoint(s), then zoom in till the distance scale is at 2000m and drag the map over the the side so that the waypoint track line is at the end of the scale and then place your sub however close you want to be to the targets course track. And make sure you have the sub's height in the Properties box set to a negative number like -20.

The war did not start on Jan. 1, 1939.

Could that be your problem?