Thread: Community Weapons Discussion Thread | Forums

Tigra2009's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Flashify Go to original post
    Hi everyone, I just noticed that there's a quick flash of a weapon in the new gameplay trailer:

It's at precisely 2:15, was quite hard to catch it on youtube's player, but anyway, what weapon do you think it is? I'm guessing that it's an M4, M16 or some other variant in that family.
    hard to say, whats that weapon .. but here guard's balls, just not lucky..

Flashify's Avatar Member
    Well... If you compare it to the M4's sights in Modern Warfare 2, they look really similar. I'm going with the M4.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member

A bow & arrow would be AWESOME for stealth players, but I'd want it to be a managed resource (i.e. you have very few arrows, maybe 5 & you have to retrieve them from your kills)

556 Commando, mostly just because it's an Assault Rifle that hasn't been done to death in every other modern FPS.

Glock 19, a very common very reliable but still underused (in the FPS genre) pistol.

o0Kman0o's Avatar Member
    I was just playing FC2 and realized how much I loved this gun, It's the coolest looking gun I've seen in any Game. It's such a classic, I would love to see this return in FC3 perhaps as a rare weapon.

InsurgentKal's Avatar Junior Member
    I think they should have a variety of weapons, like machine guns, rifles, snipers, etc. But maybe also enviromental weapons, like a sharp stick or glass bottle that Jason happened to pick up in a fight? Certianly would make gory ways of killing enemies, bashing their face in with a bottle or the like...

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    I guess the blowgun will make its appearance

tominatorx2010's Avatar Member
    In Far Cry Instincts were the dual wield mp 5 and p 90 realy awsome

how do you this idea:
    during the game, players can find a special weapon - treasure that would be "tied" to the player's account and each player could use weapons found in a single / multiplayer as a trophy of their own, belonging only to him (repetitions are allowed, because, different players may find the same treasure).

Far_Cry2_Fan's Avatar Member
    FC2 got it largely right, and I can see it would be pretty hard to improve on that without introducing some attrocious non-existant "future weapon". Please don't.

If they were to improve on the FC2 weapons model, optics upgrades would be one way (I should be able to put a red-dot on most anything), and some means of buying/using special ammo would be a cool twist. For example, it might be nice to have AP (armor piercing) ammo for the guns that might utilize it in reality, and when you are running low on ammo you might have a choice to make about switching to an AP magazine or move to a secondard weapon in order to preserve the AP for some part of the current mission that would put the AP to better use than just punching a bleed-out hole through an enemy.

I really liked the adjustable zoom on the scope in the original, all but one of my real guns has variable optics on it, so I'd like to see the return of scope zoom via the mouse wheel or whatever works well for the console folks.

Lastly, Realism. Prone needs to be an option, and while a careful look through the AS50 scope shows a hint of heart/breathing induced pointing change in FC2, this should be a difficulty setting enforced option. Ergo, if I just ran 60yds and drop down to prone to take a shot, that reticle (point of aim) is NOT going to be fixed, but it will be much better than if I went to crouch or just stood there to fire. Drop and windage would be great for the upper settings of difficulty too, maybe even factor in the coriolis effect for the top difficulty setting. All of this is relatively simple math for the designers, its not a "game changer" in term of game design difficulty nor the source of undue impact on frame rates.

And just to be difficult, might want to track red-dot on time and make the player buy batteries once or twice. >>>

DAS