Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's still playing? | Forums

It's been months since I've played, but I fired up last night. Still a great game. Think I finally tweaked it enough to my liking...

So be honest...how many even play anymore?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm still playing, but with vacations and holidays all used up for the year, I'm forced to play it when I can, as opposed to when I want. That usually means three day intervals.
    Speaking of work, saw a really horrific MVA the other night. Not even our own, but a nearby town requested assistance. Seven people (all early 20s) crammed into a small Jeep Cherokee that slammed into a utility pole. They were leaving a local nightclub and didn't even get 1/10 of a mile away before slamming into the pole. Sheared the pole right off, causing it to fall (along with high tension electrical lines) clear across the roadway. There were two females in the vehicle (sisters), one was unresponsive when I arrived. EMTs later told me that she may not make it. I couldn't help thinking at the scene, when I was bandaging the head of a badly injured male, that one minute they're out having the time of their lives with friends and the next, they're all badly injured with one clinging to life. They all had been drinking, including the driver. Boy, is his young life about to change forever. All in an instant of time.

That seems to be the defining factor in all the calls that I respond to: an instant in time. Last week, we had a male, dejected, alone; put a bullet through his own head. The other night, my partner and I sent another one to the hospital psych-ward after he threatened to take his own life. He even left a farewell note for his children, that's how close it was. Had we shown up a few moments later, who knows. It breaks my heart, every time.
    Oops, sorry MWolfe. It seems I've gotten way off topic here.

Anyway, I'll be firing up the game today. It still relieves stress and, right now, seems more necessity than leisure. BTW, I sank a heavy cruiser the other day during the Battle of the Philippine Sea. Wasn't in a good position to sink anything else, even though I've been to this battle before. Seems I'm losing my touch.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

I haven't played in Career Mode in at least the last three months, I have been fooling around with the ME quite abit lately.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Me and probably all the other suspects, er people
    John

In Memory of Cdm Howard Gilmore and the crew of USS Growler SS-215
    Thanks Tambor 198 for the Sig
    "Vision, Courage, Determination are our only limitations."

I had not played in several months, but I just started a career mode this weekend. I am just wrapping up reading "Wahoo", and there are quite a few tactics and techniques in there I wanted to try out in the game.

There is one thing I need to look into and work out, the last two careers I have started were mid-42 starts, and when I start at Midway there a no buildings there. I think this started after I upgraded TMO the last time. I am not playing the version with the 3D TDC, but the one before that, after the beta patch.

But still enjoying the game. Sank my first merchant last night close inshore to Okinawa as it was headed to Naha. Three hits out of three (although one dudded), 120 track angle from 1100 yds. Just like I never left.

Still playing. I have several games that I rotate through and that keeps me from getting bored.
    Wern, you just had to unload all that didn't you. It brought back memories that I'm trying to suppress.
    That's okay, I understand, jobs like ours, we just need to vent often.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

Haven't played in quite a while...mostly due to school and life and all that comes with those two things, but I'm still waiting for some time when I can fire it up and hopefully still be able to sink something.
    Linky: My Gaming Rig
    XFire Profile: cgkstealth

I play 3 or 4 times a week. Currently trying FOTRS. New ships, different AI peek my interest. Miss some things from TMO so fooling around with merging TMO stuff with FOTRS.

I'm still playing almost every day. 1600 hours and counting so far.

About 95% of the time I play careers. Alternating between German and American campaigns. Right now I'm an american on his third patrol.

I hevent played in months, yet still come here everyday.

I need to find a set of mods to bring me back. TMOwtw? I need better AI, campaignm etc. but dont wanna play uber realistic. Does that fit the bill?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast