Thread: CoD download | Forums

Hi guys

I live in Australia and am planning on purchasing the IL2 CoD from Just Flight as a download. Will this create any problems for me in activation?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Should be okay (I'm in Oz too). Ask Just Flight before purchasing to "be sure".

After reading this article, I'm thinking it will be my first ever purchase on Steam.

http://www.mcvuk.com/features/...NION-Retail-vs-Steam

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

hey mate

I posed the question to them and they replied that, because its a download, there won't be any issues like there could be should it be a region-coded DVD. However I've heard rumours around the traps of Steam restricting your activation based on your location ie. like region-locking which means we have to buy the overpriced Aussie version instead of the cheaper US version if we want to activate it.

As for Steam...mate, I buy stuff off there all the time and I actually like Steam - I've lost a hard drive and all I had to do to recover my games (that I purchased off Steam) was to redownload!!

Sounds good. It will be nice to bypass Ubi altogether on this one, and I must admit to a sort of admiration for the opportunities Steam is giving to smaller development companies.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."