1. #1
    My question is simple, I would like, if not a problem, a weather script. I don't recall the exact level of the map, but basicly, Thomas (I think.) had slept with the marshal's daughter, and they had a duel, and the whole town rages over them and they escape in a stagecoach. Is it possible for me to use that script? Since I've yet to manage to make decent rain/weather.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    yep you can make it - it is not difficult. Also you can change day time - I mean night or morning, rainy or sunny weather. whatewer you want.

    you can find everything in instantActions list. enjoy.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally posted by Gazitron:
    yep you can make it - it is not difficult. Also you can change day time - I mean night or morning, rainy or sunny weather. whatewer you want.

    you can find everything in instantActions list. enjoy.
    Oh, thanks alot, so far I've only used the map settings. You really seem to know alot about this, Gazitron^^.

    EDIT: Uhm... Just realised, what is an instantaction and how do I use it?
    Share this post

  4. #4
    You can open some of the PAK files with WinRAR. Look for "Maps/MurderInUtah". Now look for VarList (<MapName>.scr) and copy this file to your map dir. Delete your varlist (<YourMapName>.scr), change the name of MurderInUtah.scr to <YourMapName>.scr (replace files) and open it with notepad. Now you need to replace all "murderinutah" phrases to "<YourMapName>" (replace names). Save it and run the editor. If you did everything OK the rain and fog should be present.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally posted by seir:
    You can open some of the PAK files with WinRAR. Look for "Maps/MurderInUtah". Now look for VarList (<MapName>.scr) and copy this file to your map dir. Delete your varlist (<YourMapName>.scr), change the name of MurderInUtah.scr to <YourMapName>.scr (replace files) and open it with notepad. Now you need to replace all "murderinutah" phrases to "<YourMapName>" (replace names). Save it and run the editor. If you did everything OK the rain and fog should be present.
    Oh, thanks. Time for some dramatic showdowns!

    EDIT: I did as you said, it definatley improved things, sadly, for some reason, the light and fog wasn't added. But it's useful none the less.

    Yet another edit:

    Any possible way to disable sunlight? I've yet to find a possibility.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    To create a night turn off "Enable sky" in "Sky" tab at level settings.

    The VarList replacement method should work fine but also it's possible that the weather is set by weather script. Search the forums for info about "VarList elements append" and add "weather_rain.scr" to your level's varlist.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally posted by seir:
    To create a night turn off "Enable sky" in "Sky" tab at level settings.

    The VarList replacement method should work fine but also it's possible that the weather is set by weather script. Search the forums for info about "VarList elements append" and add "weather_rain.scr" to your level's varlist.
    Oh, thanks. Will that also get rid of that weird, intense "Oh, no! There goes Chernobyl"-glow too?

    EDIT: Searched for "VarList elements append", I tried this section only, along with the entire forum. Then google, but I got nothing.

    Any ideas?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Type "VarList" only

    Glow can be modified in "Level Settings > VarList > Lightning & Weather: Glow".
    Share this post

  9. #9
    I think you have to copy amongst the MurderInUtah.scr file also the MurderInUtah_ambient.scr file and then you will have the same atmosphere and wether like on the MurderInUtah.map. If you want the same terrain just change under Mapsettings/Varlist/Terrain Terrain .mat to arizona_wet.mat and .lod to arizona_wet_lod.mat. But don't forget to change the mapname in every .scr file you copied like seir already said. If you use notepad++, just press Contr. + H and enter the old and the new map name and then click on "replace All".

    That is the result I got:

    Old atmosphere and weather and terrain:
    http://www.bilder-hochladen.ne...les/cvnl-12-jpg.html

    Old atmosphere and weather on new terrain/map:
    http://www.bilder-hochladen.ne...les/cvnl-11-jpg.html

    Don't forget to change MapSettings/Varlist/rain strenght to "1" because it is "0" bei default.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    "MurderInUtah_ambient.scr" contains only ambient sounds... It's not so important here.

    VinzeO_o did some bugs when switching the new varlist...
    Share this post