Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Officially announced as the RTS Tom Clancy's EndWar! | Forums

UBISOFT INTRODUCES TOM CLANCY'S ENDWAR™ VIDEO GAME

Paris, FRANCE "” April 24, 2007 "” Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it is creating Tom Clancy's EndWar™, a new brand in the Tom Clancy series of video games. Led by strategy veteran and Ubisoft creative director Michael de Plater, Tom Clancy's EndWar™ is being developed by a world-class team at Ubisoft's Shanghai studio whose members have experience developing Ubisoft's hit franchises including Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®. Tom Clancy's EndWar™ is scheduled for release on next-generation consoles in fiscal year 2007/2008.

Set on the battlefields of World War III , Tom Clancy's EndWar will push the envelope of technology, showcasing artificial intelligence, graphics, physics and animations that were not possible prior to the launch of the new hardware systems. Tom Clancy's EndWar has been built from the ground up as a revolutionary war strategy game solely for next-generation consoles.

"Our development teams are invigorated to be creating the first 100 percent next-generation Tom Clancy brand," said Serge Hascoët, chief creative officer at Ubisoft. "Our success with Tom Clancy franchises is unparalleled in the next-generation and Tom Clancy's EndWar will be a marvelous addition to the already critically acclaimed library of games. A strategy game like no other, EndWar will allow gamers to lead their own armies against hundreds of others online in real global locations on the massive battlefields of World War III."

Ubisoft's Tom Clancy video games are consistently among the best-selling and most critically-acclaimed video game series in the industry. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® games have collectively sold more than 45 million units worldwide to date. In 2006, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas was named Best First Person Action Game of the Year by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ took home the Best Video Game of the Year award from the prestigious BAFTA awards.

Tom Clancy's EndWar is featured in a world-exclusive first look in the June issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, available on newsstands in North America on May 8, 2007.
    © 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. EndWar, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigther, Rainbow Six, Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

http://www.gamefront.de/

*Props to John from the SCOT forums for finding this!
    I have the fifth freedom... so watch out, here I come
    Originally registered July 17, 2002
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

who the hell wants to play a tom clancy RTS?

I do.

RTS games are awesome!

I'll play a Clancy RTS. The C&C3 demo controlled pretty well so I'm probably going to pick it up. But if an EA game can do something well then a Clancy game can do it great so I'm not worried. Bring on the Endwar!

What a HUGE letdown...

Hey, whats not to say the RTS is completely an RTS. I mean c'mon guys, none of us know if this is going to be a run of the mill RTS. For all we know, this RTS could offer us a chance to zoom in on a particular battle and fight that battle as an FPS. I know its a stretch with such a guess, but this is gonna be cool regardless. Besides, don't you think we should cut Ubi some slack. After all, how many of us are actual game developers. It is so easy to say things about a product when we're not the ones making it. So lets just chill about blaming ubi and see what they can do.

take 3 or 4 versions of an FPS

turn it into an RTS

this pisses off people that were expecting the clancy series to continue as an FPS...
    I'm guessing they(UBI) just cant do any better FPS's.....So this is where the money goes to an RTS what BS

Um... there were two main Clancy FPS games.

SC is a TPSS.(Third Person Stealth Shooter)

Man what's everyone's problem. I'm excited as hell!
    Tom Clancy can be more than an FPS. The splinter cell series have proven that.

I just hop Ubisoft pushes the envelope a little bit further and show the world what an rts game could be 'Tom Clancy' style

Can't wait until the 8th of May...

I'm just not a fan of standard RTS games. Generally speaking I don't really care for being some floating commander camera letting others do my fighting for me. I just don't like how the majority of RTS games don't really require actual battlefield strategy. It's basically just build-build-build and then send the masses to just go somewhere and slug it out.

If I have to gather some kind of "mystical gas/mineral resource" for cash I'll be annoyed. I'll just say that much.

If it plays like Company of Heroes however then I'll probably be able to get into it. I liked the physics of the game and the fact your people actually kind of fought like soldiers. I could actually focus on doing actual flanking manuevers and using the terrain to gain tactical advantage.

If they were to combine the overal play style of CoH with the tactical nature of say...the older Ghost Recon games that would be phenomenal.

I just don't want to ever have to see a platoon of soldiers standing out in the middle of nowhere fighting a tank with rifles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast