Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [360] Permission to Pass by neokinesis | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Elite Member neokinesis's Avatar
    Since PtP has been gaining popularity and got an honorable mention from FCMaps.net for September '09 MOTM with a very well worded critique. I have made a number of minor edits and will be republishing 'Permission to Pass' sometime this week.

These changes were made to serve in fixing or alleviating some of the problem-some areas for navigation as well as adding a bit more cosmetic flare and attitude to the already immersive environment.

These additions include:
    + Blocking off a lower balcony that players could ‘Leap Frog’ to in order to get out of the level and cheat.
    + Removing hang-ups and motion stoppers along the high traffic paths with emphasis for Diamond and Uprising modes.
    + Adding small rocks and boards to keep players from falling while running up the wooden plank walkway under the Main Gate.
    + Addressing Mikk_Q’s alignment concerns by smoothing and tightening connections between tiled pieces to reduce gaps to hide Back-Face Culling that existed on some/most of the corners.
    + Adjusting the terrain height to create a more organic feeling floor plane and add rhythm to diamond running.
    + Adjusting the terrain textures by blending them in a way that is more realistic.
    + Closing the Fauch_ hole in two of the access tunnels
    + Adding addition miscellaneous objects to close gaps or holes that could be viewed from low traffic areas.
    + Making slight cosmetic changes to help differentiate the two sides so that players can become familiarized more quickly.
    + Adding and moving spawn point locations to improve flow and function during different game modes.
    + Other random improvements

Again, thank you everyone for contributing to this post in a way that allowed me to make my map better.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Congrats to you on the honorable mention. Its a new thing for the MOTM.

Those sound like some solid changes that you are going to make to your map.

Can't wait to play the new version.

Have you checked my map out yet?
    Final version is online.

Sarah Oliver Quote: "ME2 makes me feel like a virgin on prom night
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...16&ref=profile

Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
    Congrats to you on the honorable mention. Its a new thing for the MOTM.

Those sound like some solid changes that you are going to make to your map.
    Thank you very much!

I thought I saw some maps mentioned when Govenor's map was selected for August's MOTM. I appreciate FCMap's decision to take MOTM in a new direction by not only showcasing one map but including others they felt deserved mention.

As a mapper or a player it is nice to go to a place that I respect will point me in the right direction and to then be presented with options.

The good news is that I released the map with the changes. And I haven't had a chance to download your map yet but I will be sure to download and enjoy.

Ooo this one is actually a real map? Lets put it up top withthe rest of your stuff.

Ah the good old days

Originally posted by Agent00Kevin:
    Ooo this one is actually a real map? Lets put it up top withthe rest of your stuff.

Ah the good old days
    I think you mean to say this one has been released since some of my other threads are about maps that are almost ready for beta.

I appreciate your interest in keeping my map alive but let us try and stay on topic.

How about instead you respond with something that you like or dislike about the map? Something you would have done different when crafting it or something you feel captured the feeling I was going for that you think will help other mappers? You could even share an experience you had while playing it. (I am still waiting for you to get that 360 )

Thank you again but I really don't need an unneccesary the bump.

Originally posted by stuntmanyako:
    Yeah this map does have a FC1 feeling to it. Ah the memories. I miss the temple tool set.
    You may be happy to learn that I have just Published a second version of this map called Perilous Parley. I am calling it my first FarCry3 map.

Revisiting all the old threads since my maps were deleted from the UbiServers sometime in the last two weeks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345