Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescuing Survivors | Forums

Does anyone know the secret to get the rescue survivor to light up. For some reason I haven't been able to rescue anyone. The button never lights up even when I am staring a survivor in the face with the binoculars.

BTW, is it because they are Japanese survivors?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes. Shoot them with your 20mm.

Communist penguin skipper elitist

I tried shooting the wandering folks with AA on the docks at home base, nothing phased them.

However, plinking aircraft off the carrier decks with the deck gun is plenty fun kimosabe!

you can only rescue american pilots who bail from aircraft...

this would mean that american aircraft are sometimes in your vicinity I assume?

You have to aim at them using binnoculars to be able to use the rescue button.

Can you really waste the japanese survivors with the 20 mil, or whatever deck weapons you have? If so what kind of animation are we talkin just a couple yelps and they dissapear, or what?

Yeah you can. I sunk a jap tanker off the coast of the Philippines and i saw a little life boat floating...so i cruised up close, swung the 20mil around and smoked em...i felt kinda bad after...it just tells u enemy ship destroyed and it starts to sink.

Great, this will make for a very good game, lmao. Just kidding, it is a nice touch of realism though.

You have to aim at them using binnoculars to be able to use the rescue button.

Is this just for American survivors? Can one use this to rescue Japanese ones? I tried to rescue the first set of them after my first kill. They did nothing. Then eventually for kicks and giggles I wanted to see if I could shot them and I did.

I tried getting close to a group of japanese survivors in lifeboats, but the sea was rough and the little lifeboats capsized...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast